• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Mt. Dew Drinkers!

mattsk42

Hey I figured all computer guys like me drink Dew, so this would be a good place to post this. And I'm sure somone has posted this, but I'm collecting the caps for an Xbox. If you are just throwing them away, send me an e-mail / instant message w/ the code. You don't have to, it would just help me out a lot. Thanks!

Matt

neotrimor <--AIM

mattsk42@hotmail.com <--MSN and e-mail

Thanks!

Re: Mt. Dew Drinkers!

mattsk42 said:
Hey I figured all computer guys like me drink Dew, so this would be a good place to post this.

Not me, I get my caffein the old-fashioned way -- about 40 cups of coffee a day. My son drinks Jolt cola as well as that Dew-alike with double the caffein, what's it called again?
And I'm sure somone has posted this, but I'm collecting the caps for an Xbox. If you are just throwing them away, send me an e-mail / instant message w/ the code. You don't have to, it would just help me out a lot. Thanks!

Matt

neotrimor <--AIM

mattsk42@hotmail.com <--MSN and e-mail

Thanks!

What is that, some kind of promotion, or what? (Make sure it's for real, and not like the M&M -- year 2000 hoax).

--T

Lately I have been drinking diet cherry Zup. Getting away from large amounts of sugar in pop along with the caffein. I used to drink 5+ cans a day @ 120calories each that adds up to flab quick, and the caffein just clouds your mind when your not drinking it (and give you a nice headache if you quit all together for a few days).

Unknown_K said:
Lately I have been drinking diet cherry Zup. Getting away from large amounts of sugar in pop along with the caffein. I used to drink 5+ cans a day @ 120calories each that adds up to flab quick, and the caffein just clouds your mind when your not drinking it (and give you a nice headache if you quit all together for a few days).

What can I say, I'm just a caffein junkie. I'd take it intra-veinously if I could.

--T

I've done Jolt and Red Bull as caffeine addictions before.

At this point I'm mostly off the stuff except for about 1-2 cups of tea a day and maybe a coffee on the weekends.

That's a lot better then the 6-pack of Jolt + 3-4 cups of coffee I used to ingest. . .

Erik

During weekdays, I have 1-2 pots of tea per day, but no coffee (yeech!) and almost no other caffeine products (maybe a Coke for lunch on Friday). In the weekends, I drink neither of that except for tonight when I felt for a big pot of tea...

I find that Jolt tastes quite disgusting compared to the more known cola brands. IIRC, over here it contains 135 mg caffeine per liter (dl?) compared to 130 mg for Coca-Cola et. al. This is due to limitations in food and drink regulations and different from other countries where Jolt can be spiced with twice the dose, 270 mg and thus be more attractive to caffeine addicts.

Dr. Pepper, root beer etc are very rare here, which isn't something I regret. A friend of mine knew a place where he could buy a big tray of Dr. Pepper, but I would let him keep it for himself. Mountain Dew and Cream Soda I have seen exactly once in a small immigrant's store (they are the ones who direct import odd sodas instead of going through a large distributor).

carlsson said:
During weekdays, I have 1-2 pots of tea per day, but no coffee (yeech!) and almost no other caffeine products (maybe a Coke for lunch on Friday). In the weekends, I drink neither of that except for tonight when I felt for a big pot of tea...
I go thru about 4-5 pots of coffee in a day (I use the term looosely, as my "day" includes all hours of the night as well). My shrink & therapist are amazed that I ever sleep at all. Actually, I'm a reformed speed-freax. Back in the 70's, I used to shoot a lot of Meth, and abuse a wide variety of other substances, so massive doses of the caff have very little effect on me, I'm just too burned-out.
I find that Jolt tastes quite disgusting compared to the more known cola brands.
Never have tasted it, myself. Don't much care for the taste of cola, or any sweetened drink. I normally drink coffee & beer, both of which are kinda on the bitter side.
IIRC, over here it contains 135 mg caffeine per liter (dl?) compared to 130 mg for Coca-Cola et. al. This is due to limitations in food and drink regulations and different from other countries where Jolt can be spiced with twice the dose, 270 mg and thus be more attractive to caffeine addicts.

Wow, and I thought our government was too restrictive, always coming up with new ways to protect us from ourselves.

--T

"Terry Yager" wrote:

>> You people make me sick! ;-)

> Calm down, CP/M U, you're too high-strung.
> I'd suggest you switch to decaf from now on...

Relax Terry, I was just kidding!

Cheers,
CP/M User.

Maybe caffeine and rifles are two of the neccessities in life, not to be messed with. :twisted:

Beer is something else I can't drink. Once I forced myself to drink one beer, but much due to there was nothing else to offer (not even water, or at least not without asking specifically). Wine and cider yes, stronger alcohol OK (but to a certain limit!), but not beer. Some people would even call me a wuss for preferring tea and wine over coffee and beer.

carlsson said:
Dr. Pepper, root beer etc are very rare here

I visited one of the immigrant's shops yesterday, but they had limited the exotic soda department to Cherry Coke, Dr. Pepper, some variations on Fanta and a few 1.5L PET bottles of other soft drinks like apple, grape etc. Interestingly enough, they have foods from the whole Middle East, East Europe, a little from India and China etc, but the drinks department seems to mainly consist of German and US soft drinks.

They had a large selection of tea though, from both Ceylon, other parts of the Middle East to even Brazil, which I thought was a strictly coffee exporting country (but it might've been an exception to the normal case).

anders wrote:
Wine and cider yes, stronger alcohol OK (but to a certain limit!), but not beer. Some people would even call me a wuss for preferring tea and wine over coffee and beer

I am like you a bit, in that i am not into beer at all, but oh baby do i love red wine!

chris

Back