• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

need a power supply bracket; is it findable?

Casey

Veteran Member
A couple months ago I picked up a Corsair non-modular p/s & stuck it on the shelf for later. The past few weeks my old (2 core) desktop started flaking out, so I dragged out an old Antec ATX tower (aka Chieftec Dragon). It seems the Corsair p/s won't fit in the case; it seems to be missing the mounting bracket. Image searches online showed other modern power supplies apparently also without such a bracket? This case is over 20 years old, but is still quite nice. Am I basically SOL on this one? My searches for brackets result in the odd wall bracket for a completely different p/s, or what looks to be an adapter to fit a SFF p/s to an ATX case.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Without a picture I can also see that Google only shows a regular standard ATX PSU knockout. Was ther eby chance a version that included the adapter bracket that you could remove to remove one of the redundant ATX power supplies that were available at the time?

Can you remove the bracket from the old PS? I'm not envisioning what kind of bracket you are talking about. Do you any pictures to show what you mean?

I know exactly what bracket the OP is talking about, it was used on quite a few Antec full tower cases at the time. It was removable because the case was designed to accept a redundant dual PSU module, as well as a standard ATX power supply.

Here's the one out of one of my Antec cases:
R8m0XhUh.jpg

I don't see a part number on the bracket anywhere, and can't seem to find it online, just the smaller MicroATX and SFX variants.

You could probably get a sheet of acrylic and have it laser cut, or 3D print one.

Last edited:
Ah ha! Yep, I've run across those over the years, although it's been a while.

I would get a sheet of metal, drill some holes and use a metal nibbler to cut out the areas needed. This would be a fairly easy adapter to create from scratch.

I wish I had one of those cases--I have an oversize 500W Compaq power supply (nonstandard connections--looks like ATX, but isn't) that doesn't fit any case that I have. Now that I've figured out the connections, I'd love to be able to use it--it's built like a truck.

I know exactly what bracket the OP is talking about, it was used on quite a few Antec full tower cases at the time. It was removable because the case was designed to accept a redundant dual PSU module, as well as a standard ATX power supply.

Here's the one out of one of my Antec cases:
R8m0XhUh.jpg

I don't see a part number on the bracket anywhere, and can't seem to find it online, just the smaller MicroATX and SFX variants.

You could probably get a sheet of acrylic and have it laser cut, or 3D print one.

That's exactly it! I am embarrassed to admit that I hadn't noticed the original Antec 400w power supply had a removable bracket.

The case itself is huge; 4 half-height 5 1/4" front bays & 2 3 1/2" front bays, with two removable internal 3 1/2" cages. It's almost too big.

Back