• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Remote jobs in computer games ?

pgru2

Experienced Member
If it's not banned on forum, I want to ask how the "market" look currently. Are there many remote jobs in computer games companies in Your country/state? Especially for junior programmers?
What are the minimum wages? Are the jobs "really remote" or You must waste time and in fact relocate because of the e.g. require to be at least 1 day per week in office. Sometimes thinking that would be great if the writing game today, would become "oh, it is the best retro game that i played" topic on this forum in e.g. 20 years.

They say the market is better now but the act of finding a job in this country is absurd. Everything is done via email submissin and your resume/CV goes into a pile and it doesnt get read by anyone. Instead it will be scanned for keywords. If you dont actually know someone to take 1 minuter and skim your resume (which is the best you can hope for) they are just going to tag your skillset wrong and remove you as a candidate. But dont fear.. You will be harassed by at least 50 people from bogus Indian tech recruiter companies offering you lowball rates for jobs you arent qualified for... because they scanned for keyboards also.

So the final answer is,,, "It doesnt matter unless you actually know someone and speak to them in person or on the phone..." Thank facebook and other crap like that for destroying human interaction.

They say the market is better now but the act of finding a job in this country is absurd. Everything is done via email submissin and your resume/CV goes into a pile and it doesnt get read by anyone. Instead it will be scanned for keywords. If you dont actually know someone to take 1 minuter and skim your resume (which is the best you can hope for) they are just going to tag your skillset wrong and remove you as a candidate. But dont fear.. You will be harassed by at least 50 people from bogus Indian tech recruiter companies offering you lowball rates for jobs you arent qualified for... because they scanned for keyboards also.

This is in fact true. Your resume is scanned for keywords so unless you know some of those keywords and add them into your resume you won't even get an e-mail or call. Heck, they don't even bother to let you know the outcome if you have an interview if they don't want you. What ever happened to a courtesy call or e-mail to let you know? I know, I know, that's gone with common sense. :)

This is in fact true. Your resume is scanned for keywords so unless you know some of those keywords and add them into your resume you won't even get an e-mail or call. Heck, they don't even bother to let you know the outcome if you have an interview if they don't want you. What ever happened to a courtesy call or e-mail to let you know? I know, I know, that's gone with common sense. :)

Absolutely true again! You can go on 2 or 3 interviews or phone calls that you feel are really well received and never hear back again. Was it you? Was it your skills? Was it your requested rate of pay? Who the F%$k knows because courtesy doesnt FU%$^N exist anymore.

Did I ever tell you guys the story of a job interview about 5 years ago where they asked me randomly at the end of the interview a bunch of BS "interview questions" "Why does a tennis ball have Fuzz on it?"

I would punch a baby seal in the face if I could get a no-nonsense boss who tells you to your face how it is and isnt a sniveling Politically correct castrated empty chair... The future isnt certain.... because were all doomed. But hey good luck out there Pgru2! :rolleyes:

Back