• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

Agent Orange

Veteran Member
If you have been left wondering if your PC or laptop meets the new MS specs for W11 try this:

Type Win + R then enter 'tpm.msc'. You should then see a pop-up with your current status.

Last edited:
Of course, they still have no explanation as to WHY they think they need it.

FAKE requirements.

Windows 11 is just a hackjob that some kid at betaarchive threw together.

2 threads for the same thing?

There was a glitch in the system and I don't know what happened. Originally it all went blank and I reposted. The original just shower up today. Not all my fault. I apologize if it upset you.

I ran the TPM check on my HP laptop, which is a little over 2 years old, and it failed. Then, during a recent routine W10 update I got an update pop-up stating that said my laptop was good to go for W11. I may give that a try this weekend just to see.

Late edit. Reran the TPM.MSC app and this time it passed.

Last edited:
Who said anything about Windows 8?

I think he is making a joke about Windows 8 . 11 as if Windows 11 is just a small add on to a failed Windows 8.

I am in no hurry to upgrade and the only Win 10 system I use currently is my Netflix box.

I think he is making a joke about Windows 8 . 11 as if Windows 11 is just a small add on to a failed Windows 8.

I am in no hurry to upgrade and the only Win 10 system I use currently is my Netflix box.

11 is nice and smooth, you'd like it. Give it a shot and you can always back out of it if you don't like it.

Just the fact that I need an MS account and access to internet to be able to use it is for me enough reason not to use it. Except my newest laptop (W10) all my P4 PC's still W7-32. W7-32 still enables me to run older 16-bits programs like Turbo Pascal. More than 90% of that older stuff has now to run into an emulator on my W10 laptop. If I'm forced to use emulators anyway in the future, then I can use Linux instead.

It is so depressing how backwards modern technology is, and worse yet, how we are just supposed to put up with it. Microsoft STILL hasn't said what they think they use TPM for. Of course, we know it is a 100% fake requirement but as far as the rest of the world it concerned, it is just time to throw everything more than a couple years old in the trash and buy all new stuff.

I was just given the task to do sort of a review of a software-as-a-service-give-us-your-data-biatch based spreadsheet for someone. At one time people ran out and bought personal computers just to run spreadsheets, and now we are supposed to throw all that power away. Why? Because idiots want to do stuff from their under powered, limited toy cell phones, which ironically require a native "app" because they can't handle the webby version.

Unfortunately, I don't know how that compares to the current Microsoft Excel 2021. People don't even seem to know that Office 2021 still exists, since Microsoft heavily promotes their subscription version instead. But you can't just buy a CD-ROM of it any more. As far as I can tell even this version forces you to sign up for a Microsoft Account just to buy it. I don't know if it is also required to use it. That is just awful.

Just the fact that I need an MS account and access to internet to be able to use it is for me enough reason not to use it. Except my newest laptop (W10) all my P4 PC's still W7-32. W7-32 still enables me to run older 16-bits programs like Turbo Pascal. More than 90% of that older stuff has now to run into an emulator on my W10 laptop. If I'm forced to use emulators anyway in the future, then I can use Linux instead.

If you already have the W11 downloaded on a USB drive, you can install it without a MS account or having to be online. You need to be disconnected from the IE and not in range of any Wi-Fi.

It is so depressing how backwards modern technology is, and worse yet, how we are just supposed to put up with it. Microsoft STILL hasn't said what they think they use TPM for. Of course, we know it is a 100% fake requirement but as far as the rest of the world it concerned, it is just time to throw everything more than a couple years old in the trash and buy all new stuff.

I was just given the task to do sort of a review of a software-as-a-service-give-us-your-data-biatch based spreadsheet for someone. At one time people ran out and bought personal computers just to run spreadsheets, and now we are supposed to throw all that power away. Why? Because idiots want to do stuff from their under powered, limited toy cell phones, which ironically require a native "app" because they can't handle the webby version.

Unfortunately, I don't know how that compares to the current Microsoft Excel 2021. People don't even seem to know that Office 2021 still exists, since Microsoft heavily promotes their subscription version instead. But you can't just buy a CD-ROM of it any more. As far as I can tell even this version forces you to sign up for a Microsoft Account just to buy it. I don't know if it is also required to use it. That is just awful.

I assume TPM is for tracking.

Would Office 2021 even fit on a CDROM? Cheaper just to make you download it. To be honest what additions to office are there compared to a early 2000's version anyway?

I assume TPM is for tracking.

Would Office 2021 even fit on a CDROM? Cheaper just to make you download it. To be honest what additions to office are there compared to a early 2000's version anyway?

I use 'LibreOffice 64' and it gets the job done nicely.

Back