• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

World Wide Crud

Agent Orange

Veteran Member
My wife and myself got our Pfizer booster the other day. I had absolutely no reaction but my wife had an upset stomach on the 2nd day which only lasted about 4 or 5 hours. Maybe this virus thing is going to morph and be around forever. Who knows? My solution for a real fix is to drink lots of beer and and tap into my JD black & coke reserves.

Last edited:
I am afraid it has already morphed - Omicron.

Yep, it is going to be around for a very long time yet - welcome to the 'new normal'...

Need to stay indoors and do lots of vintage computer projects :), interspersed by your tipple of choice!

Dave

My Moderna booster left me feeling sick for 2 days. But yes, a good time to stay out of the public area. This damned bug seems to be poised to evolve.

No booster shot yet and the other 2 Moderna shots didn't affect me other then a slight warm spot for a day where the shot was.

I did get my yearly flue shot which is probably what living with covid around will end up like (yearly shots).

Yeah my wife and i hadnt gotten our booster yet. Do you still need to schedule it online or can you just walkin to a pharmacy? i had the Moderna shot and for me the first shot put me out for a complete day. tired the next day with a super sore arm. the second moderna shot had no affect. I wonder what the 3rd shot will be... and if i make it that far, ... the 33rd shot.

But something really interesting. i got sick for the first time in 2 years when my kids went back to school.. we all had a cold. it was weird after such a long paranoid stretch.

I got the J&J many months ago and got my Pfizer booster several weeks ago. Sore arm was my only complaint. Also got the flu shot this year which I normally don't get. I think we're going to have Covid around for a long time.

When my Lovely Wife and I were eligible for the booster (we're old), we scanned the local pharmacies in town; couldn't get an appointment for all of October and November. The county health department was holding drive-up-with-appointment sessions every week, but word was that what you got was pot luck. I looked to the south of us to a nearby town harboring lots of anti-vaxxers and found a small pharmacy that was walk-in-no-waiting-your-choice-of-booster. The driving distance was about the same, so we went in and were served with nobody in line. 15 minutes total.

We have to wait 6 months between the 2nd shot and the booster, so I can't get it until April.

My country didn't even get a supply of vaccines until around May, and now we are over 90% fully vaxxed (my state is 96.5% done), so we are nearly there.

There is a "Rite-Aid" drugstore about a mile and a half from our house and we walked in and got the shot without an appointment. I don't know that Pfizer being made here in Michigan has anything to do with availability or it's just luck.

There is a "Rite-Aid" drugstore about a mile and a half from our house and we walked in and got the shot without an appointment. I don't know that Pfizer being made here in Michigan has anything to do with availability or it's just luck.

When I worked at Pfizer in Connecticut over 20 years ago I knew they had an Ann Arbor Facility but Manufacturing was only done in CT. I guess they expanded.

IT was a mess getting the first couple shots. My wife and I sat at the computer to make appointments and she got somethine a couple towns over (and a pfizer shot) my first available Appointment was 2 hours away and a moderna shot a week and a half after her first shot. (that was an awful awful ride home, I can tell you that). The second shot was a Drive through style where my wife went the first time, much closer. It would be nice to just do a walk-in.

When I worked at Pfizer in Connecticut over 20 years ago I knew they had an Ann Arbor Facility but Manufacturing was only done in CT. I guess they expanded.

IT was a mess getting the first couple shots. My wife and I sat at the computer to make appointments and she got somethine a couple towns over (and a pfizer shot) my first available Appointment was 2 hours away and a moderna shot a week and a half after her first shot. (that was an awful awful ride home, I can tell you that). The second shot was a Drive through style where my wife went the first time, much closer. It would be nice to just do a walk-in.

Pfizer has a large facility in Kalamazoo and I believe that's where most of their Covid vaccine is made.

My mom got her shots early in the year and had to go to a community center with a 100+ other people at a time to get the shot(s). My brother and I got it later when my doctors office was offering it so just walk in and wait a minute for the shot and then wait 15 minutes to see if you died if not free to go. Since my mother had a doctors appointment this month she will sign up for the booster and I probably will as well (think you need to wait 6 months from the last shot).

Back