• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

getting Mac OS 7.5.5...

linuxlove

Veteran Member
...to work with TCP/IP in Basilisk II under Windoze.

The problem is, I got around to using Basilisk II again and installed Apple Open Transport on it, along with IRCle and iCab. In the TCP/IP settings i have it set to DHCP. IN Basilisk II settings, I have a fake hardware address, Multicast Packets set to ALL packets and ID self set to Use current NIC address. I have installed the Basilisk II network driver under Windoze. The problem is, that whenever I try and start IRCle or iCab, it gives me an error of this:

Anotehr device on your TCP/IP internet, which has the physical address of xxxxxxx is currently using the same IP address (x.x.x.x). Your TCP/IP network interface has been shut down.

Anyone got an idea for what to do? (In Before "Buy a Mac!")

I vaguely remember something about the nic card supporting "permissive mode" as being required for using in "virtual machines". Only a wild guess.

mode

mode

chuckmagee, Would that be 'promiscuous' mode ? The 'listen' mode so popular with network scanners ?

What NIC are you using ? Are you using the Windows stock driver, or the manufacturer one ? What version of Windows ?

Does the physical address of the NIC match the one's you're getting in the error ?

Is the IP address you've assigned your "Mac" different from the one you're using in Windows ?

patscc

What NIC are you using ?
Compaq Netflex 3

Are you using the Windows stock driver, or the manufacturer one ?
Stock driver I beleve

What version of Windows ?
Windows Whistler build 2296, which is close enough to Windows 2000.

Does the physical address of the NIC match the one's you're getting in the error ?
Yes.

Is the IP address you've assigned your "Mac" different from the one you're using in Windows ?
um... i dunno, the virtual Mac and Windoze are both st to DHCP.

well, somehow i got things to work. these are my settings:

Windoze host:

Changed IP config from DHCP to manual

Virtual Mac:

-- BII settings:
Removed the Fake hardware ID
changed the identifying self to Perminant
-- System 7.5.5
No changes

now it works and I have internet on my virtual mac!

Now, is there any way I can set a background image instead of having to use a black color on my desktop?

Last edited:
Back