• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sick @ss hole set to eat bunny

I dunno if it's a sick joke, but it certainly is an old one. It's been kicking 'round daNet in one form or another since forever. I dunno if he'll really eat Toby, but it doesn't bother me if he does. That's what rabbits are for -- food, AFAIK.
I love pigs, myself, and have raised several as housepets, only to eventually butcher & eat them as soon as they become of sufficient age & size. That's what pigs are for. Much as I love live cute little piggies, I like roast pork even more. Living on a farm, you develop a certain perspective about such things. (I never eat meat without feeling the greatest respect for the animal who gave it's life to feed me, something city-folk seldom even consider).

--T

A few freinds and I were talking about this on IRC last night. Funny it is being mentioned here also.

My parents (being from europe) like eating rabbits. I have tasted them, but its no something I like to eat.

I agree animals that are classified as "food" should be treated as such, but I would never kill and eat ANYTHING that I considered a pet. There is a big difference in feeding livestock you plan on eating , and killing something you consider a pet.

Wonderful. Someone may both get a nurishing meal on Midsummer, and about $20,000 from stupid people. As Terry said, it appears once in a while, but I can't remember seeing a follow-up whether the animal (almost always rabbits, as eating a cat, dog, ferret or goldfish would seem more barbaric) survived or not -- or if the animal actually exists under the keeping of the supposed poster/collector.

It reminds me of the pros and cons of people reusing old computer cases for ITX and similar projects. Some think it is a mortal sin, as even using a broken computer, other people will get the idea to gut apart working ones. Imagine someone posting a web site about raising $50,000 or I will gut apart my .. Apple II? :wink:

Back