• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Beware the Signature

CP/M User

Veteran Member
Yes, I've got a siggie which goes with the Avatar. All I need now is the fonts! Any chance of having those Erik? If not, I'll just keep it plain with quotes in Bold! :)

I just don't understand why it's not being added (oh yeah attach signature! ;-)

Cheers,
CP/M User.

What fonts are you looking for? Or, really, what are you trying to do?

Erik

"Erik" wrote:

> What fonts are you looking for?

Oh it's perhaps a bit too much trouble asking for this because there was another forum which went from an different style of forum (which supported Fonts Types easily) & updated to this type of Forum (which didn't). There was a hack though, which allowed these types of Forum Suport True Type Fonts.
So, it allowed a variety of fonts, but you needed to type in the structure with the font name - you couldn't select it from a list from where all the other buttons are (so you need to know the name of the font).

> Or, really, what are you trying to do?

Yeah, sorry if I'm sounding a bit rude to come back (after some time) & boss everyone around. I think we'll be able to manage with what's there, I generally find on this other forum that I'm the only one who uses the Font Types in my posts - I usually have the quotes in Bold Lucida Console & responces in Courier New. If it were to change here, it's going to look awfully strange to have all my ol' posts looking much different from the newer ones! It's Better to have some sort of balance with the ol' posts & the new ones.

Cheers,
CP/M User.

Well, you can change your font color and size, but beyond that you can't do much.

Presumably you could use an embedded style sheet to change the font and related info. I'd have to enable that, if it's even possible, though.

I have HTML enabled, but only for some structures, not all.

Erik

"Erik" wrote:

> Well, you can change your font color and size, but beyond that you
> can't do much.

Well there, that's what I found when The Open Gaming Center (http://www.natchiq.net/ogc/) changed from one type of Forum to an phpBB based one. They are using 2.0.11 which maybe older than that this forum is using.

> Presumably you could use an embedded style sheet to change the
> font and related info. I'd have to enable that, if it's even possible,
> though.

The OGC boss (Natchiq) talked about this, but didn't want to enable it due to security risk - fair enought I though. But there was another way of doing it, via a hack (which he has) from which I discussed earlier. It enables people to use a True Type Font, but they can't select it, merely order it in a body of text. This work like this:

[face=Courier New]Hi There[/face]

Don't worry if you don't want to go down that path, but if you want some kind of support, there's a page around somewhere which caters hacks for phpBB forums, it has a hack for this font type support if you don't want to open the floodgates.

Cheers,
CP/M User.

CP/M User said:
Well there, that's what I found when The Open Gaming Center (http://www.natchiq.net/ogc/) changed from one type of Forum to an phpBB based one. They are using 2.0.11 which maybe older than that this forum is using.

It's slightly older, but only as far as patches go. Basically it's the same version we have here.

CP/M User said:
The OGC boss (Natchiq) talked about this, but didn't want to enable it due to security risk - fair enought I though. But there was another way of doing it, via a hack (which he has) from which I discussed earlier. It enables people to use a True Type Font, but they can't select it, merely order it in a body of text. This work like this:

[face=Courier New]Hi There[/face]

That would require a modification to the board software itself. These are fairly common, actually, and there are tons of them that allow some nice features (I had the chat mod installed for a while, for instance) but the problem becomes updates. On a modded board you have to be careful not to overwrite your mods every time you upgrade the software. Usually this is done via patch files, but sometimes the mods and the patches don't play well together. Then you're off recoding the mod or waiting for the author to fix it. . .

Altogether too much of a pain in the arse for a man with as little spare time as myself. . . :)

Erik

Back