• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pierce who?

carlsson

Veteran Member
Inspired by CP/M's typo in the other thread, I used Google to find how many different spellings of Pierce Brosnan there are out there:

Brosnan, Brosnam, Brosman, Brosmam, Bronsam, Brosan, Broznan, Broznam, Borsnan, Borsnam, Prosnan.

After finding ten different - and some rather inventive - misspellings, I stopped looking. Maybe this can be extended into some off-topic game, even programmed to let the computer search Google for different typos and see if it finds any relevant results.

There is a program (available on eBay) that searches eBay for common typos & mis-spellings that are missed by other people's searches, giving the user the "advantage" of bidding on stuff that a lot of other people don't even see.

--T

"carlsson" wrote:

> Actually, the reference to Pierce Prosnan was from someone selling a
> movie on eBay UK.

For the record it's Pierce Brosnan - next time it'll be Pearced Brosman! ;-)

And yes, the former Bond has been in some hot stuff. Perhaps the "Steele" in him hasn't been exposed!

And since when did the US frown at nature's beauty?
Oh you mean the Jannet Jackson incident - did they arrest her for exposing herself - guess not, it was the dodgy bra company which did the damage - or the hood that could keep his hands to himself. That's a tricky one to figure out! Yet they busted Morrison - guess he was crazy, but brillant in other regards.

CP/M User.

Speaking about misheard or misspelled names, I just read a review in my local newspaper from a Christmas concert that was held the past weekend. The singer performed "A Child is Born" by .. Fat Jones, as understood by the reporter. :lol: Hahaha! Thad Jones might not be pleased to hear that.

Back