• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

May The Frost Be With You

Terry Yager

Veteran Member
Never thought I'd say it but, Thank daGhawds for ice & snow! I lost a fifty-dollar bill about three weeks ago. Well, I found it again today; embedded in a half-inch of ice in my own driveway, preserved like a fly in amber! Good thing it was freezing rain that night and not windy.

--T

mmmm Moneycube

mmmm Moneycube

I keep telling people out here that cold is good.
No one believes me.

Fine for you to say in SUNNYVALE, Cal. You guy's town namers really know how to hurt your more northern neighbors.

Brrrr, 10 F high today, below 0 tonite. Outside a blinding white, white world.
Fixed a burst water pipe (inside) yesterday. Hope it holds. At least there's no mosquitos now. The alternative to cabin fever here is frostbite.

Lawrence

but but but

but but but

I did grow up in Michigan... ;)

It wasn't Winterpeg but it was plenty cold....
We had some -35F days. ;)

Micom 2000 said:
Fine for you to say in SUNNYVALE, Cal. You guy's town namers really know how to hurt your more northern neighbors.

Brrrr, 10 F high today, below 0 tonite. Outside a blinding white, white world.
Fixed a burst water pipe (inside) yesterday. Hope it holds. At least there's no mosquitos now. The alternative to cabin fever here is frostbite.

Lawrence

Yah, we've had a little warming trend the past few days, which is why all the snow was gone enough to see the sheet-ice below it. A couple more days at these temps, and I'd have never found the missing fifty.

--T

Back