• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I'm not sure if this is off topic or vintage...

facattack

Veteran Member
Some people make third party retro consoles. Say it's a SNES or NES or Genesis.

You think there'd be a market for third party, modern-constructed Vintage Computers? Not just a modern PC with modern stuff and a classic-looking case for aesthetics.

But a newly produced Apple II GS or Tandy 1000 whatever that is fully compatible with the old school peripherals? Maybe something along the lines of produce-on-demand. When someone orders it and pays, it gets built rather than mass produced ahead of time.

Not saying I would make the machines but does anyone know if this sort of thing is currently done?

its WAY too easy to just use a new machine (or laptop) and use an emulator. I had a netbook that did schoolwork and snes roms. The problem is, there were SO MANY units made that getting a working system together is relatively easy. I could probably piecemeal a snes or a nes system once a month without trying hard, thanks to my local thrift stores.

I miss that netbook. I have a usb adapter that lets me use "real" controllers. That and the netbook had a 9 hour battery life. I dare someone to make something better.

Back