• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

War in gaming.

facattack

Veteran Member
I'm not a fan of FPS games but I had owned Medal of Honor on PSone for a little period of time. I didn't like how you could accidentally erase memory card slots while playing the game.... and wasn't very good at it. I was surprised to learn that Call of Duty was made by folks who jumped ship. I sorta wasn't surprised that the game was inspired by Saving Private Ryan.

So anyway, of you FPS players, what should I try??

Half Life and Half Life 2 are excellent FPS games, with some puzzles mixed in.

Spec Ops: The Line was one I really enjoyed. Has a very good story line and it forces you to make some morally ambiguous decisions during the game.

The new Wolfenstein games are pretty good.

If you like RPG games, then try Borderlands and Borderlands 2, they are a pretty good blend of RPG (leveling, picking up better stuff via drops etc) and FPS, with a very pleasing visual style.

Original Quake is still a joy.

Al of Id's shooters... Doom 1/2/3 and the new one...

The Heretic games which use the Doom engine are cool as well... FPS in a fantasy setting.

Wolfenstein 3D and the reboot from a while back is cool too.

I like the first 3 Halo games as well the CE and 2 which are available on the PC.

Fear and Fear 2 are pretty good.

Unreal, UT99, UT2k4... the original for it's single player campaign and the others are some of the best arena shooters out there.

And all of the Quake games... I even liked Quake 4.

Timeshift is interesting though some complain about the ending.

Star Wars: Dark Forces self explanatory though the story doesn't seem to be canon anymore after Disney and Rogue One...

Thanks. I think I played FEAR on OnLive. :D

Any war game recommendations? CoD or MoH or whatever? I've played a little of Black Ops one...

I'm not big into FPS anymore. That said the new Doom was a visceral joyride for me. If I was going to play an old game, Q3, UT and stvoy:ef are my go-to games.

Back