• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Appropriate use of the "General Off Topic" area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbbrutman

Associate Cat Herder
Staff member
I deleted a thread that has been quite active and was also generating quite a number of complaints. The complaints were justified and I'm sorry that I did not get to it more quickly.

We (Vintage Computer Federation) provide this web forum and other resources free of charge to promote the hobby. We don't have too many rules. Some of the more important ones are "Be civil" and "Don't ruin this for other people." Providing a "General Off Topic" area is not central to our mission and it would be very easy to eliminate if it becomes too much trouble to moderate.

Before anybody complains about censorship or their right to post anything they want here, I will kindly point out that this is the equivalent of a private club and your hosts set the rules for what is acceptable behavior. If you don't like it that is fine and you are welcome to start (and pay for) your own web forum.

Mike
Speaking on behalf of the VCF Moderators and the VCF Board of Directors

Complaints about the content of the comments, not the artist.

No. Not just move on. The thread went off the rails pretty quickly and there is no reason for it.

We have a wide variety of visitors from all sorts of backgrounds. There are plenty of places on the Internet to go sh-tposting. This is not one of them. We expect our members to keep the threads here civil, slightly on-topic, and interesting/enjoyable for others to read. That's not asking a lot.

These are the rules. The public discussion is over. Send me a private message if there is something appropriate to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back