• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

office phones

evildragon

Veteran Member
Since starting a software company, doing tech support, etc, I needed a real office phone, instead of those crazy see-through phones :p

It's a dual line phone, of which each line has two virtual lines (so a total of 4 lines total!)

Here's the problem (which only involves the real lines 1, and 2, no virtual lines): I can't seem to hang up one line, without hanging up the other!

I have tried the following ways to hang up one of the lines:
1. From Conference Call > Press Hold > Press Line 2 > Hang Up > Press Line 1 > Pick Up Phone / Results in Line 1 Being Disconnected

2. From Conference Call > Press Hold > Press Line 2 > Hang Up > Pick Up Phone > Go To Line 1 / Results in Line 2 Going Off Hook

So, um, am I missing something about these phones? I got it at the thrift store, it's an old AT&T business phone, and I have no manual for it... Google search brings me nowhere..

What is the model number of the phone? Northern Telecom is my specialty, but I've had to deal with a few ATT/Lucent models...

im not at the desk right now, but memory tells me it's an AT&T 722.. (it's not the lucent ones, i wish!)

something tells me #2 should be the solution (because it should be on the hook, not off of it).. maybe it's failing..

It is absolutely off the topic, but yesterday I laid network cables and installed outlets in the new office floor our company is moving to. While doing that, I found a whole bunch of old phone jacks hidden behind the list next to the windows (which holds electricity, phone and now network jacks). There are installed phone jacks and cables everywhere, and no documentation which cable goes where.

Fortunately half the computer network was already laid. I found one dangling network cable end that I thought was the end point of the network, but it turned out to be connected to yet another phone jack. Finally I had to cut one cable in two and install a double outlet to finish the installation. Now we're just waiting for the actual ADSL subscription to take effect, and we can start working there.

Back