• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

I'm tired of being fat

tipc

Banned
Principality of Xeon W-2140B the Great State of Ce
But I am doing something about it, presumably. One of my daily meals is only veggies and some fruit. I get the protein and carbs in a different meal. It takes such a long time though. I lost 66 lbs. In 5 1/2 months 4 years ago. That was a diet of my concoction. I do not want to lose it that fast thia time, not necessarily healthy. But I'm doing something. We'll see how it goes.

What do you do to shed blubber? I have to lose 50+.

Don't be a big wus. Get on with it.

I can't spend life like this anymore. I have to lose the weight, and be vigilant to keep it off.

Years ago as I've said I concocted a diet, and stuck with it. The thing is the first 32 lbs. was shed holding to that diet 4 days out of the week. The other 3 I ate whatever I wanted. It seemed when I went from 312 to 280, I stopped losing. So I said to myself 7 days a week is what's required. And I dropped about as much. The whole 5 1/2 months I consistently was dropping about 3 1/4 lbs. a week. It's just funny how you plateau.

The diet. 1 quart of low fat yogurt + 2 hard biled eggs, with a liberal amount of salt. 2 big coffees, 5 creamers and 5 sugars. Eventually I decided 4 + 4 was enough. Enough low calorie drinks, seltzers, etc. to keep me dilled. For dinner a big can of tuna or more often some chicken stuff. A small jar of pickles and/or olives. A couple handfuls of trail nuts. Maybe some extra yogurt here and there (not a quart, 6-12 oz.). Bread and pasta was nowhere to be found. Although a few years earlier I was eating a small (for me) portion of vegetarian lasagna every night. Along with a total ton of vegetables. Can't remember what I was eating for breakfast. For the month or two I did that I lost 5 lbs. a month. Then one day I looked at the amount of salt I was consuming in that 1 meal, over 3000 mg., and got scared.

First you must change your mind about being hungry. Dont eat, but instead tell yourself that it is a good feeling because youre doing something good for your body by not eating now, altought its a bit hard at the beginning.
For sure you must eat at least once a day, but only enough to stop feeling too hungry.
Avoid sweets, don't buy stuff that can be eaten by only opening your fridge, buy only stuff that needs to be cooked first.

Just dont fall into that "you should eat only this and that" trap. Its just a matter of input-output. The more you output than input, the faster you will loose weight.
Sweets are not forbidden in general (this method will just not work), but they drastically decrease how much you are allowed to input to stop feeling too hungry besides of them.
Sugar in general will make you feel even more hungry after a short time. It's a psychological trap of our brain, sugar means cheap and fast energy, but it wont last long. It's like fastcharging only 30% of your mobile phone within 5 minutes, it still won't last a day.

Remember:
There are only two weeks of feeling uncomfortable with the new situation between your current, shitty situation and start feeling better and loosing weight. After these two weeks, you're starting to get used to it and you will feel great about it. The longer it goes, the more proud will you be of what you've already archieved. You just need to be strong for ****ing two weeks. That's nothing :)!! If you cant stay strong at home and feel like you need to snack something, go for a walk, regardless of the weather. I keeps you busy and away from thinking about food. Dont think about how long it will take to reach your goal, think about how long you already managed to be strong!! (positive thinking!!)

I lost 25kg altought i grew another 10cm in height when i was 15 by just start thinking like that. No need for sport. Just input less.

Last edited:
Don't be a big wus. Get on with it.

I can't spend life like this anymore. I have to lose the weight, and be vigilant to keep it off.

Years ago as I've said I concocted a diet, and stuck with it. The thing is the first 32 lbs. was shed holding to that diet 4 days out of the week. The other 3 I ate whatever I wanted. It seemed when I went from 312 to 280, I stopped losing. So I said to myself 7 days a week is what's required. And I dropped about as much. The whole 5 1/2 months I consistently was dropping about 3 1/4 lbs. a week. It's just funny how you plateau.

The diet. 1 quart of low fat yogurt + 2 hard biled eggs, with a liberal amount of salt. 2 big coffees, 5 creamers and 5 sugars. Eventually I decided 4 + 4 was enough. Enough low calorie drinks, seltzers, etc. to keep me dilled. For dinner a big can of tuna or more often some chicken stuff. A small jar of pickles and/or olives. A couple handfuls of trail nuts. Maybe some extra yogurt here and there (not a quart, 6-12 oz.). Bread and pasta was nowhere to be found. Although a few years earlier I was eating a small (for me) portion of vegetarian lasagna every night. Along with a total ton of vegetables. Can't remember what I was eating for breakfast. For the month or two I did that I lost 5 lbs. a month. Then one day I looked at the amount of salt I was consuming in that 1 meal, over 3000 mg., and got scared.

Fixed diets are pretty useless. You need to reduce intake as the weight comes off. You get bored. That is why I like WW. You track your weight in the app and it adjusts the food input. You can eat most any food and the app will tell you most of the nutritional details...

Poek Scratchings.jpg

... usually its has the Sodium as well but for some reason not here...

But I was on a very rigid diet for an extended period of time. I may modify that diet, that is add some calories. Maybe a piece of toast or two plus some fruit. Better a big salad and some kind of meat for dinner. Can't just cram deli meats though, too much salt.

I am a "boring" eater. I find it annoying that people need constant variety. If it's good I stick with it. When I was aroumd 27 I rediscovered grits, a sort of course breakfast cereal usually had with milk and sugar. I ate it nearly every single day for 6 months! You have to condition yourself to do the right thing. If you were stranded you'd eat what you could get. And not complain. I'm already bored 2 1/2 weeks into this. But in the absence of alternatives I'll just keep doing what I'm doing.

For me it needs to be simple. Another fad is the NJ Diet. They swab your dna, check your cooly, read your palm. Then devise your perfect diet. And charge you 2000$. F*** off lol! I've done it on my own and will do it again.

Congratulations on your decision; keep up the good work. Less intake and more exercise are the time-honored methods for weight loss. Walking is surprisingly useful exercise.

-CH-

Why not add water boarding to the plan? Or stretching your spine on a medieval rack? The best way to give up is make it hard on yourself. I concentrate on one thing, lowering my intake. If I'm sweating and choking I'll just quit and go for Taco Bell. I'm not trying to be a weisenheimer (ok I'm lying lol). But the idea is to suffer as little as possible. I do want to exercise. But not when my energy levels are arbitrarily low.

Simple chemistry. You lose about 9 mg of carbon with each breath--and breathing is how you burn food, basically. To lose weight, you can do two things--decrease your intake of food, or increase your use of food--or both.

Even at my age, I find that long walks and physical labor are necessary to maintain my weight and my sanity. Eat only when truly hungry and try not to eat because it's a certain time of day. There's nothing that says you need to eat three squares a day.

"Friß die Halfte" may be folk advice, but it's not the complete picture.

ITs all about changing your routines both physical and mental. I wanted to start eating better myself. And I am OCD. Not in the I am anal about everything way most people say it. I am OCD in the My brain behaves abnormally and I am going to check these doorknobs and switches 50 times in a row because my brain wont believe they are in the closed/off position. Anyway I rely on routines too much and Cant handle change well. I was reading a few articles from Penn Jillette the magician on his enormous weight loss and diet change. In a nutshell he like me admitted to being an all or nothing, black or white type of personality which I can relate to. His diet simply was pick one food.. Could be anything at all but just one thing. And eat that alone for 2 weeks. He chose potatoes. I was going to choose carrots but because of cost I also chose potatoes. His story goes that he ate them alone, as much as he wanted for two weeks than gradually introduced new items, healthier items until he achieved a new routine and healthier diet consisting mostly of vegetables.

I did it, 2weeks of potatoes. Felt like over a month. Its an odd thing to be hungry and not look forward to a meal at all. You get completely bored with the food and over eating just doesn't seem an option. After 2 weeks I started perusing vegan and vegetarian recipes and I eat alot of vegetable based soups now. I like them. cholesterol was my driving force but regardless this would work for weight loss. I am not a vegan or a vegetarian I am just trying to eat better.

If you want the goal bad enough you would be willing to do it.
Exercise is key of course, and I will freely admit I dont find the time. I used to Run alot. I swapped out pulleys and decks on my nordik trak treadmill, I wish I would Run more but I make excuses. I used to run soo much I had terrible shin splints and the orthopedist said my legs were on the verge of breaking if I didnt take 45 days off to heal. Again, all or nothing. Its really just routine, if I force myself to do it for a week I make a new routine and then its easy again. Ahh the brain (mine in particular) is a fickle thing.

Best of luck on your choices Tipc

I read recently about intermediate fasting where you can eat what you want inside a window each day, but outside of that window you drink only water. I think they were talking about 18/6 or something like this where you don't eat for 18 hours, but eat whatever you like in the 6 hours. The idea is that when off time gets your body to make use of the energy stored as fat. Constant eating apparently never gives that mechanism a chance to work. I've been thinking about trying this, but have not yet, so all I know is what I've read. If I try it, I'll start with stop eating after dinner around 5-6pm and then skip breakfast drinking only water in the morning. Then have lunch at 11-noon. The idea is to eat whatever you want during those 6 hours, but then nothing but water outside of them so that the body has to use the metabolize the fat. Supposedly energy goes up after getting over the initial change in a few days. Probably something to consult with your doctor first before doing.

A diet should be something that you can stick with for the remainder of your life, not a binge affair where you think it'll all be over when you shed a certain amount of weight.

You can't just do it with diet. You have to get out and be active, too. That was 75% of my reason for quitting my desk job, even though I'm making about 1/3 what I used to. I've got too much to do to waste time exercising just for the sake of exercise; I had to make physical labor my day job.

You have to cut out the soda pop and super-processed trash foods, too. But I still think being more active is the main thing.

I still have a bit of a belly because, well, way too much beer. But I generally only eat meat, veggies, and a little fruit (but mostly meat). I don't have to keep track of calories. I just eat enough to feel satisfied and don't eat much junk.

Our bodies evolved to chase animals through the woods and such. We're not meant to sit behind a desk all day. A sedentary lifestyle will kill you faster than a bullet. If you have no choice vis-a-vis a sedentary job, look into a standing desk, and then nag your boss until he lets you get a treadmill desk. Google that, the treadmill desk. It's not like aerobic jogging or anything. Just a leisurely slow mosey on the treadmill while you work. Sounds crazy, but it will fix both your fat and your back problems (just be sure to buy a damn good pair of shoes too).

I hear you Lee and you speeketh the truth my friend. Desk jobs besides being soul crushing might as well be stealing your blood...

The biggest thing is learning how to fully subjugate your body. Stop pandering to it. When it says eat, you say no. You are the master, it is your slave. Learn to have contempt for its weaknesses

ITs all about changing your routines both physical and mental. I wanted to start eating better myself. And I am OCD. Not in the I am anal about everything way most people say it. I am OCD in the My brain behaves abnormally and I am going to check these doorknobs and switches 50 times in a row because my brain wont believe they are in the closed/off position. Anyway I rely on routines too much and Cant handle change well. I was reading a few articles from Penn Jillette the magician on his enormous weight loss and diet change. In a nutshell he like me admitted to being an all or nothing, black or white type of personality which I can relate to. His diet simply was pick one food.. Could be anything at all but just one thing. And eat that alone for 2 weeks. He chose potatoes. I was going to choose carrots but because of cost I also chose potatoes. His story goes that he ate them alone, as much as he wanted for two weeks than gradually introduced new items, healthier items until he achieved a new routine and healthier diet consisting mostly of vegetables.

I would just keep eating the potatoes. For a long, long time lol. See post #7.

Me <<<<<< Irish

The biggest thing is learning how to fully subjugate your body. Stop pandering to it. When it says eat, you say no. You are the master, it is your slave. Learn to have contempt for its weaknesses

O Lord no way. What I do though is change what I eat. Approx. 2lbs. of vegetation. I'm on a serious vegecation. Stay away from the bathroom. You were warned.

I would just keep eating the potatoes. For a long, long time lol. See post #7.

Me <<<<<< Irish

After day 8.. You would not... It was hell. I. Assure you food lost all pleasure and that was the point. Most people would break and get a pizza. But binge on potatoes.. I dont see it. But you didnt read my post.. Its fine per the diet.. Like i said you can eat as much as you want.. Eat it all day long. The thing is you wont want to.

Honestly i hate potatoes.. Im ukrainian and my parwnts boiled potatoes so frequently i honestly hate potatoes at this point in my life.

But i do love cabbage and borscht. I still remember the smell of my grandma making borscht as a kid. And even though shed be 110 years old if she lived she instilled those memories. So i found a meatless recipe for boracht and its got alot of beans. Wife hates it ( well the communists occupied her country cant blame her) but i like it. Been eating alot of beans ... Other than gassiness its been good. Make sacrifices .. Nothing is easy.

Last edited:
Very lean meat, too. Wild meat, generally. Deer. Rabbit. Grouse. Some of it takes more energy for your body to digest than it produces (due to the leanness), so it'll help you burn some of the fat off.

But ending the sedentary lifestyle is key, even moreso than diet. For real, man.

Verault: A Polish friend of mine often says that her grandma used to say: "Under the communists, we could not get any toilet paper. But it was ok, because we couldn't get any food either." I think that would be a rather extreme way to lose weight, though. :3

Lithuanian cold beetroot soup (Šaltibarščiai) is one of my favorites--I make it every time I can get a bunch of good beets with greens. I make a gallon or two of the stuff at a time. Part of my heritage--perfect with Lithuanian rye bread. Boiled dumplings (Koldūnai), not so much.

You can find vegetarian--or near-vegetarian--foods that are absolutely breathtaking.

Back