• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Which riser cards work with the Intel SCB2 socket 370 motherboard?

computerdude92

Veteran Member
I've never used riser cards before. Which models are known to work with this motherboard? If I can get a riser card with 3 regular sized PCI 33MHz slots and then use PCI extension cables for each PCI card I use, I'm happy. It would be a dream to enjoy having a motherboard like this working in a standard e-atx tower case once I can figure out how to mount extra PCI cards in my case. I have a Coolermaster HAF 932 to use.

Thanks for any help.

I'm not seeing any combination risers being available for this board. Either you had standard vertical mounting cards or a 90 degree adapter for one card at a time for 1 and 2U server enclosures.

The only thing I found which might work is this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351253875268

It only gives you PCI-X slots though, which limits PCI card compatibility. If your PCI cards have double keying on the front and back of the edge connector, it should work in a PCI-X slot. Older 5v only PCI cards won't fit due to keying.

This riser board assumes the motherboard was designed for riser boards to begin with, and not a 90 degree adapter for a single card. While PCI is a parallel drop bus, a single slot can't be broken out into multiple slots in many cases due to the interrupt lines not all being connected. Electrical load has to be taken into account as well, most PCI cards get all of their power from the slot, and several power heavy cards on a riser can potentially damage the slot on the board or the board itself.

As far as I know, that board was only designed for 1U/2U cases.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252900915744 is pretty much your only option.

you MIGHT be able to find a generic pci-x riser with a BRIDGE chip, but a cursory ebay/google search doesn't find any I can instantly recommend.

If you want a dual tualatin board with proper ATX spec, look for an Intel SDS2, Tyan S2688, or Asus TRL-DLS. Be prepared to drop a large chunk of cash for one.

Last edited:
The Super Micro P3TDDE is another good dual tualatin board, but they are very expensive.

I see them on Ebay for more than MSRP when new. I paid around $400 for mine back in 2002 NIB.

I'm not bragging, but I dropped $300 for my S2688, and a bit more for my TRL-DLS. But in all fairness, I've been looking for a TRL-DLS for over a decade, and it is NIB.

Back