• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Recommend me a relatively cheap 5v CPLD?

bladamson

Veteran Member
.... that can be programmed with a TL866ii Plus or via JTAG?

I have been looking at the ATF1502AS pretty closely.

But I am new to CPLDs and not sure if I am making a good choice.

Thanks, folks!

I've used the Xilinx XC9500 series, but sadly, no longer made--really great all-5V CPLDs. Some desperate souls have turned to buying RFE ones. Lattice has the isp Mach4a5 5V series, with parts still in stock--and they're JTAG-programmable--great for in-circuit programming. Okay, the Lattice series are "5V tolerant", not true 5V, but that may be good enough for you.

You already know about the Altera ATF15xxx ones. The toolchain, unfortunately, is not not the greatest.

On the other hand, if you're willing to go to 3.3V, your choices expand tremendously.

Last edited:
Yeah.... It sure would be easier to stay at 5v....... I grabbed a few ATF1502AS and a programmer. I don't need to do anything tooooo complicated just yet. Just more than a 22v10 can handle.

I used WinCUPL a bit back in the late 90s, but I assume it has changed a great deal since then, heh.

Thanks!

On the contrary, WinCUPL has hardly changed at all since the late '90s, if that's what you meant. I think the last update was 2003. So it might be a bit primitive compared to what people expect these days, but it's still an option.

Back