• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Facebook First Purchase Free Shipping Offer - USA

PeterNC

Veteran Member
PSA: Facebook Marketplace is offering free shipping on a first purchase in the USA currently.

The seller on eCrater never responded so I was able to get PayPal to get me my money back. Facebook Marketplace is the next battle.

Tough deal, me too. Last week I made a major purchase on Ebay for a highly touted video component. Supposedly, the seller had 8 and sold 5, this according to the Ebay listing. So I jumped in with a credit not debit card through PayPal and made the deal. About 2 or 3 minute later I received an email from Ebay saying that they just yanked sellers account and that I if didn't receive the merchandise within 10 days that I would get a full refund. So, my first stop was the fraud people at the credit card company, and they said they would keep eye on it. I did a "cancel sale" thing with Ebay and they wanted me to attempt to contact the seller at his email address that apparently doesn't exist. So, it's all on hold until the 6th. One way or the other I'll get my money back.

What bugs me the most is having to deal with robots for everything, no human contact at Ebay. At least at PayPal you may be able to get a hold of a human in some instances. Which brings up another point when Ebay drops PayPal later this month and goes it alone.

RPA/AI/algorithms do not always work. Got $10 and an apology from CVS today. A self check-out kiosk accepted a $1 coupon but did then not subtract it. The associate then refused to help me: "the computer is always right". Obviously it is not. Bizarre experience.

Back