• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Need a new email provider Googles site is made by junkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabamarebel1861

Experienced Member
Ok so I'm done with google. First they started screwing up Youtube, then their targeted ads got put everywhere now the google homepage literally lags on my system and I can no longer sign in since it doesn't recongnize I have Javascript enabled. I'm looking for a new email provider that has good POP support and doesn't have a rediculously bogged down site. (I know so much to ask right). I've looked everywhere and turned up squat so I was hoping maybe one of y'all computer gurus of years past can help me out here.

Ok so I'm done with google. First they started screwing up Youtube, then their targeted ads got put everywhere now the google homepage literally lags on my system and I can no longer sign in since it doesn't recongnize I have Javascript enabled. I'm looking for a new email provider that has good POP support and doesn't have a rediculously bogged down site. (I know so much to ask right). I've looked everywhere and turned up squat so I was hoping maybe one of y'all computer gurus of years past can help me out here.

How about Thunderbird by Mozella? IMO it's the best.

Why don't you just use Thunderbird to access your emails? There's no need to use the website.

I hear you. I have been using Hotmail since 1996. Its my primary email. Its completely broken at this point. And The last couple times I have tried using a 3rd party email application to connect to my mail servers it just didn't work; as if enforcing their broken web UI. I think its time to go back to small independent email servers even if they cost money.

I have Firefox dedicated to google. It's (typically) the only browser I use to log in to Google. I also have it logged in to Yahoo, where my email is.

My "browsing" browser is Safari. Outside of niche forums like this, I try to not log in to anything in Safari, save Amazon.

Both have ad blockers.

You can actually set up multiple instances/profiles of, say, Firefox so you can have one sandboxed to "just google", it's just more of a pain than I want to deal with.

If you want better email, you're likely going to have to pay for it.

Fastmail is a popular choice.

I have Firefox dedicated to google. It's (typically) the only browser I use to log in to Google. I also have it logged in to Yahoo, where my email is.

My "browsing" browser is Safari. Outside of niche forums like this, I try to not log in to anything in Safari, save Amazon.

Both have ad blockers.

You can actually set up multiple instances/profiles of, say, Firefox so you can have one sandboxed to "just google", it's just more of a pain than I want to deal with.

If you want better email, you're likely going to have to pay for it.

Fastmail is a popular choice.

You don't need any browser with Thunderbird - it's stand alone and you can run just about any email though it.

I use both gmail and yahoo mail with POP3 access. Never go to the website unless I'm forced to. At some point this year, Yahoo changed their authentication protocol, so that was a minor gotcha. Check your ISP--sometimes they offer free email services also.

I've just been using OfficeXP and Outlook. Only upgraded from Outlook 2000 because my archived emails exceeded what it could parse.

"Need a new email provider Googles site is made by junkies"

Alabamarebel1861 - Start another thread like this and you will just be banned. We're professionals, not animals. Treat our forum and the other people on it with respect. We do not want your poor behavior reflecting on the rest of us.

Your userID is also a bit problematic, for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back