• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A Little Joke.

DOS lives on!!

Veteran Member
If you think on this one the right way, you'll get it.

Four out of five people suffer from hemorrhoids,
Does that mean that one out of five people enjoy it?

Get it??:)

Much faster than I get anything from YOU LOL
Now that was a good one; LOL.

BTW, do you have a working A500 you can lend me to do a repair on a 500xp floppy and controller?
I assume you're asking about an Amiga? No, don't have one but I might be able to borrow one if you promise to return it sooner than those disk drives that I left with you years ago... ;-)

Now that was a good one; LOL.

I assume you're asking about an Amiga? No, don't have one but I might be able to borrow one if you promise to return it sooner than those disk drives that I left with you years ago... ;-)

I told you before, I need Core Memory for the alignment rig :)

Besides, those damn NetFinity 5500 servers are taking up all my bench space and, at 4U and 150 pounds, I'm not moving them by myself.....

...Besides, those damn NetFinity 5500 servers are taking up all my bench space and, at 4U and 150 pounds, I'm not moving them by myself.....

I'll give ya $5 for them, you pay shipping. The 4U's are heavy, I can't move my Intel SRSH4 without pulling the hard drives, the fan assembly, the power supplies and the CPU card, all in once piece it took 3 of us to move it, they aren't light.

I'll give ya $5 for them, you pay shipping. The 4U's are heavy, I can't move my Intel SRSH4 without pulling the hard drives, the fan assembly, the power supplies and the CPU card, all in once piece it took 3 of us to move it, they aren't light.
Pshaw! I had to lift 'em out of my car and sneak them up on his porch all by myself (after making sure Dru and his lady were not home ;-) )

Thanks for the offer, but, I'll end up parting them out too and scrapping the cases.

People whine about parting things out, but, how many of you here would pay the shipping on 150 pounds of a 3 x 2.5 x 2 foot box more than a few feet?

They might pay for the 50+ pounds for the 22 hot-swap hard drives and sleds, just to have lots of spares on hand, or other parts, but, I doubt they'd go the whole unit.

Was watching some random stand-up comedy on my newly priced netflix and I think it was Jeff Garlin who pointed out another odd statement. (Pretty sure it was him) saying he was reading the back of his kids Honey Nut Cheerios box and it had the statement "may help reduce cholesterol".. "MAY?!" what kinda cheap statement is that making? "it may become currency someday", if everything else gets destroyed and all we have left are cheerios, etc.

... "it may become currency someday" ...

hahah! I like that! :)

Of course if they had been in circulation for a while, I don't think I'd eat them. I don't eat nickels either - but that's because my mother told me never to eat anything that sticks to a magnet. I guess I'm just out of the loop, because she also told me never to eat cherios.

Yeah, I used to get kittens the same way and, at least, kittens are cute and light, words I don't think are in IBM's vocabulary.
The SAME thing happend to me a few months ago. Someone must've dropped a kitten off near our house, and it came straight to us. Cutest little thing, so I kept it. And now...., it's sitting in my chair with me and chases me down the hallway.:)

The kitten I got left with is now 7 years old, and he comes running every time I crack a computer case - he likes to put his paws on the edge of the machine, poke his head just over to where he can see what I'm doing, and paw at my hands when I pull at any wires. As well as to watch the cpu fans spin (this fascinates him)

He also has this strange and somewhat dangerous (but apparently enjoyable to him) practice of pushing his whiskers into moving case fans and sitting there, letting them be rattled around. (I keep waiting for one to get snagged - he won't stop doing it, and he seems to find ways to do it even when I think I've gotten the fans blocked with only 2" of clear space around it!)

The kitten I got left with is now 7 years old, and he comes running every time I crack a computer case - he likes to put his paws on the edge of the machine, poke his head just over to where he can see what I'm doing, and paw at my hands when I pull at any wires. As well as to watch the cpu fans spin (this fascinates him)

He also has this strange and somewhat dangerous (but apparently enjoyable to him) practice of pushing his whiskers into moving case fans and sitting there, letting them be rattled around. (I keep waiting for one to get snagged - he won't stop doing it, and he seems to find ways to do it even when I think I've gotten the fans blocked with only 2" of clear space around it!)
My kitten has learned a few lessons, not much. He's learned to stay away from MFM/RLL drives because he got his claw caught in the stepper motor once. He's not afraid of IDE drives. Another time, he crawled inside a 486 with the case open, pressed his whiskers into the fan, and somehow managed to make it go into sleep mode.

The whiskers thing makes sense (lots of nerves in there, and they like them to be tingled). It's just you don't see many cats do something like that... rather, actuate sensations in the whiskers through a different means (such as rubbing their faces on the corner of a wall or something).

My cat LOVED sleeping on top of my CRTs. And sometimes would paw at the cursor, particularly during Kingdom at War, 'cause the cursor was a huge orange thing:
58938-kingdom-at-war-dos-screenshot-main-game-screens.gif

Bad you! Bad, bad, you...DLO

I personally suffer with mine, but it gets even worse. My wife doesn't really know what a pain in the ASS they really are. I can't help but wonder if she'll get them some day. Then I'll feel sorry for her. Till then the woman will have to suffer every minute mine burn and itch!

If you think on this one the right way, you'll get it.

Four out of five people suffer from hemorrhoids,
Does that mean that one out of five people enjoy it?

Get it??:)

Back