• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Ebay Silliness

It actually was listed as $0.25 initially w/ FREE S&H. I planned on bidding on it but before the auction ended he raised the price to $25.00. Too bad.... his loss :D

There is also this:
"World's Slowest PC - running at only 2 Mhz"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133397843331?nordt=true

It's actually a very nice looking 486, supposedly with all speed and caching stuff disabled. Don't know why they would sell it like that other than to be silly.

Of course, I'm sure people around here could point to plenty of slower computers.

Do you think maybe they're trying to pull a fast one and staked the Nixie to '2' just to garner attention? Cache or nor cache, I don't know of any 486 that you could de-clock to 2 MHz.

It's not a Nixie, just a bog-standard 7 segment LED display. The display is meaningless--the PC user programs it with jumpers to say whatever is desired--the turbo line switches between the two programmed possibilities. My boxes are programmed to say HI and LO.

It's not a Nixie, just a bog-standard 7 segment LED display. The display is meaningless--the PC user programs it with jumpers to say whatever is desired--the turbo line switches between the two programmed possibilities. My boxes are programmed to say HI and LO.

Same difference Chuck. They "illuminated the 2" to get your attention that the 486 is running a 2 MHz (maybe).

Back