• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

[Wanted] 2x Pentium Pro (SL25A)

TNC

Experienced Member
Hey,

I'm looking for 2 Pentium Pro (SL25A - this is one of the 1MB steppings) for my Compaq Proliant 5000. Does anybody have a pair of these for a reasonable price and preferably not too high shipping? :) They have to be shipped to Germany.

Thanks in advance.

Nobody? I want to get an another pair of them, before they got scrapped of gold... :(;)

Thank you, but this doesn't help me. The Pentium II can't fit into my socket. ;)

You can also look for Pentium Pro overdrives, 333Mhz 512K/cache at full CPU speed (you can use 2 in dual socket 8 boards but not in boards that do 4 or more). The 1MB PPros are very hard to find, and luckily they are black colored so people might not think they have any gold content (the others have a huge gold covered top and gold collectors love those).

I know. The Compaq is a 4-way system and i don't want to downgrade it to a 2-way one. :) I know about the overdrives and got 4 of them (some years ago, but they are quite expensive here). 2 of them are in a quite powerful socket 8 workstation. This system has 1GB ECC 168 pin EDO memory.

I already put my 4 overdrives into the compaq but had no luck. "Unknown Processor at 200 MHz. System halted.". So I'm looking for a upgrade in a "classic" way. I want to "canibalize" my other dual 1MB system to get 4 of them. As you see, I'm not quite new in this area. ;)

try looking for a bios update for you system, If I recall correctly the proliants were capable of using the overdrives...

try looking for a bios update for you system, If I recall correctly the proliants were capable of using the overdrives...

You can use overdrives, but just 2 of them (never designed to be used in boards that support more then 2 CPUs which the PPro was).

Back