• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Pet tester v4 eprom?

mjnurney

Experienced Member
Hi all,

what eprom do you burn pettester2k 0.4 on to ? I’ve burn it on to a 2532a eprom but it doesn’t seem to do anything. However pet test v2 works fine.

thanks

When you say "it doesn't do anything" what do you actually mean (out of interest)?

When you say 0.4 do you mean version 04? Version 0.4 will be so old...

It is interesting that Version 02 works though... Did you program them into the same EPROM - or different EPROMs? Just trying to think what the differences are between the set-up that worked for you and the one that didn't.

Dave

As Dave suggests it depends on the model; on the early ones $E800 to $EFFF interferes with the I/O chips. Best to use a 2716.

[hi Dave,

just a blank screen and it’s version 04, I see it has many more diag features. I do have a 2716 here I can try that :)

QUOTE=daver2;n1214580]When you say "it doesn't do anything" what do you actually mean (out of interest)?

When you say 0.4 do you mean version 04? Version 0.4 will be so old...

It is interesting that Version 02 works though... Did you program them into the same EPROM - or different EPROMs? Just trying to think what the differences are between the set-up that worked for you and the one that didn't.

Dave[/QUOTE]

Bells may be ringing...

My initial page 0 and 1 RAM tests are not exhaustive enough for my liking. There could be issues that 'sneak through'. It is just possible that the current tests initially pass the RAM and then fall foul when it gets used in anger later on. Although I don't think there is anything that would actually result in a blank screen though - there should be some static text displayed and then it 'dies a death' when it tries to calculate the ROM checksums (as this code uses subroutine calls/returns that in turn uses page 1 RAM, and a 16-bit pointer - or so - to address the ROM).

There is still something 'strange' going on?

Dave

Back