• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

SX64 CRT issue

giobbi

Veteran Member
hello guys,

the CRT assy of my SX-64 bit the dust some months ago and stopped to work suddenly. I replaced it with an LCD display, but I wish to fix the CRT; unfortunately I know almost nothing about CRT...

Since the tube doesn't light (the filaments of the neck don't glow), I checked the flyback; it seems there's no continuity in the coil between pin #10 and the high voltage cable connected on the side of the CRT. The other coils seem to be ok.

Since I removed the CRT from the SX64, the front panel isn't connected. Does the CRT light up the same, even without the front panel (at least the neck filaments)? Or the test I'm doing is useless?

Is there any chance to find a replacement for the flyback? The code is CJ39587-00A, but I don't know if I can use some other flybacks or it must to be exacly this kind/model...

Any help or suggestion will be highly welcome!

cheers,
Giovi

im sure the flyback is fine. the fact the filament is not glowing means you have other problems. commodore systems are pretty well documented. start with the schematic.

im sure the flyback is fine.

that's making me felling better :) The flyback is probably the only part impossible to find.

the fact the filament is not glowing means you have other problems. commodore systems are pretty well documented. start with the schematic.

I will try to look at that. Have you any hint about what should I check at first?

Back