• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PET Tape Archive

DrAlis

Experienced Member
Hi together, I also have 40+ tapes with software / games for the PET / CBM. Is there anybody interested and/or able to preserve them for the future? Many are not found i.e. on archive.org and I thought it would be a shame to lose them if the tapes go bad. What are your views?

I would say yes, it would be a tedious process, but it is doable.

I have a 1530USB connector, so I can connect my C2N datasette to modern PC, make and cleanup .TAP files, as well as copy said files to a blank cassette, which I have.

I also have a stock CBM 4032, but may not run all software depending on the version of BASIC the programs may be written in, but I also have a MiniPET from tfw8b.com, so I could run off of that to make sure that it all loads correctly.

This would also take time, and I may be moving soon so that would be a further delay, but I support this endeavor and do recommend doing it, and if you need help, feel free to message me directly.

BTW, it seems there are about 80 tapes - each seem to have at least two programs on, some many more. So we might have 200+ programs here. Could this be a substantial contribution to the PET archive? I tested one tape on an all original PET 2001 setup and it worked fine on first load attempt with a C2N (Goldgräber)...

Back