• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Gmt plant final cleanout commadore stuff help!

justinv

Hi all I'm not well versed in computer stuff but apparently I tossed some computers worth thousands of dollars.
I'm currently contracted to do final clean-cut of the gmt plant in trooper/Audubon pa. Again I'm sorry for destroying 6 c64dx. But there's some other commodores laying around plus some equipment for early commodore stuff today's find was 400 sealed wafers starting early 80's about 20 or so in each plastic dish there's parts machines wiring ect.if anyone here knows if there's any value to anything please message me also found via-20 games sealed but again before I toss more stuff into the compactor and dumpsters would like input trust there isn't alot left but who knows...again sorry for destroying rare computers

Don't know what I'm looking at .to know anything to me it's junk but the wafers got my attention pretty cool looking
..c65 not 64's c64dx

Hi all I'm not well versed in computer stuff but apparently I tossed some computers worth thousands of dollars.
I'm currently contracted to do final clean-cut of the gmt plant in trooper/Audubon pa. Again I'm sorry for destroying 6 c64dx. But there's some other commodores laying around plus some equipment for early commodore stuff today's find was 400 sealed wafers starting early 80's about 20 or so in each plastic dish there's parts machines wiring ect.if anyone here knows if there's any value to anything please message me also found via-20 games sealed but again before I toss more stuff into the compactor and dumpsters would like input trust there isn't alot left but who knows...again sorry for destroying rare computers

Is this a joke? Do you have pictures?

Steve

There are plenty of people on here that would be happy to help and offer info, but you're going to have to put in a fair bit more effort on your end.

I would suggest that you take a look at each machine or box and photograph it separately, with as high a quality camera as you can. Further I'd recommend at least 5 images per machine or item you are trying to ID, from picture looking down on it, a back picture looking down on it, a picture of the bottom and a picture of any stickers/plaques that details (such as model number, voltage req etc).

There are plenty of people on here that would be happy to help and offer info, but you're going to have to put in a fair bit more effort on your end.

I would suggest that you take a look at each machine or box and photograph it separately, with as high a quality camera as you can. Further I'd recommend at least 5 images per machine or item you are trying to ID, from picture looking down on it, a back picture looking down on it, a picture of the bottom and a picture of any stickers/plaques that details (such as model number, voltage req etc).

Well, lets start with basic pictures, then if we can't identify something we can ask for more... 1) overview 2) details. Let's not overwhelm the guy.

The thought of crushed C64DX's (C65) is heartbreaking...
Steve

that's fine,we are on final cleanup tossed alot of stuff :( but be happy to have him i will message my cell number

Fount some 8032's but I'd imagine these would be upgraded? And aren't ones that were sold to the public?

Yes that's correct on GMT. http://www.antiquetech.com/?page_id=852

I got there today and met up with Bil. We were allowed to walk around the place.
Bil shot footage of the tour and his recollections of the times.

There were four levels to this place. The first and second floors were gutted shells.
Third floor was a maintenance floor, had stuff in it, but all mechanical stuff, pipes, fixtures, etc.

Much of the basement had puddles of water in it.
But there was a raised floor area that was where the "good stuff" had survived over the years.
But I didn't get to see it as these are the items that were removed and discarded in the early three
weeks as was disclosed previously. What remained was sitting in the wet ground floor side of the room.
Here there was a graveyard of distressed stuff. Odd and ends strewn here and there- monitors, a wrecked
Decwriter, file cabinets, terminals... and four 8032s in various forms of disarray- Some rusted,
some broken bezels, some broken CRTs, some broken keyboards.
I did bring them home. I guess that makes them the last C= computers to leave a C= facility.

What remains on that raised floor, however, is a lot of documents from the late 80s till the end of GMT.
And a skid or two of mag tapes. We wonder if they might have some late Commodore stuff on them.
Can anyone comment if they would like to check them out?

A remarkable thing was that the building had obviously been inhabited by graffiti writers for quite some time
and had a lot of "metals" stolen-pipes, air exchanges, etc. yet the "good stuff"
remained safely tucked away in the basement all of these years... and only narrowly missed being recovered
last month.

The building is allegedly being cleaned out to either be re-built into offices again or torn down for a hotel.

I'll have some pictures to see tomorrow.

Back