• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PetVet

HammysHangout

Experienced Member
Does anybody have the Source/documentation for the PetVET ? seems Mike pulled everything down from GitHub.. can't find anything, I have a PetVet that has died, and need to replace the Atmel, but need to program it first :(

I'd never heard of it before today.

The reason I'm even typing this is because I wrote a program called PetVet back in the mid-80's, it was a customer database for veterinary clinics written in TurboPascal for CP/M. I eventually ported it to the Atari ST and Commodore 64. Barely sold any though, I liked the challenge but hated trying to sell it.

Sorry for the thread hijack, just thought someone was looking for my C64 version.

Mike at bitfixer has a new part called ROMulator that has replaced the PETVet.

To reprogram the Atmel microcontroller, you would need PHP and run a custom script file to create the load file. Mike will probably get you the information, but I would just get the new part.

Does anybody have the Source/documentation for the PetVET ? seems Mike pulled everything down from GitHub.. can't find anything, I have a PetVet that has died, and need to replace the Atmel, but need to program it first :(

As it turns out, I have it downloaded. Send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

Thomas

I talked to mike, I actually did buy two romulators, but would be nice to fix my pet vet, He is going to try to get it back up on his github..

core, i will shoot you a PM.

Hello,

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has any documentation for the PETvet? I bought one like 9 years ago and used it successfully on one of my Pets, but now having an issue with one of my 2001s. I think my PETvet would be helpful in debugging. I don't see the docs on bitfixer's site anymore and sent him a note but didn't hear back. Any configuration and usage documentation would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Win

Hi Win,
Was meaning to mail you back about that but hadn't gotten the chance. I will try to dig those docs up for you. I rebuilt the site a while back and inadvertently blew away the PetVet stuff. Should be able to unearth them though.

Back