• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Terminal issue with Turbo Pascal 3.01A.

geneb

Veteran Member
I've *finally* gotten my hands on a replacement for the Royal Alphatronic system I lost in a move in 2006!

I'm trying to get Turbo Pascal configured for it, but nothing I try seems to work properly.

I've written a small basic program to test the various escape sequences that are listed in the manual and they do work as they should.

Does anyone have a pre-configured copy of Turbo Pascal I could get or advice on what I may be doing incorrectly when working with TINST?

I'll be posting Teledisk images of the original CP/M and Microsoft Disk BASIC media and a PDF of the complete manual this week for those that need them.

g.

Hi,

I'm trying to get Turbo Pascal configured for it, but nothing I try seems to work properly.

I've written a small basic program to test the various escape sequences that are listed in the manual and they do work as they should.

Does anyone have a pre-configured copy of Turbo Pascal I could get or advice on what I may be doing incorrectly when working with TINST?

I always wanted, but never got one. But I always thought it's VT-52. The link here points to a basic program that nuances it a bit in its comments: VT52ish.
http://primepuzzle.com/poe/poe-5-90/poe-5-90.txt

Regards,

Oscar.

Thanks for the link, Oscar. I'll certainly check it out this evening. The manual does list some VT52 escape sequences, but the escape sequence that deals with cursor addressing comes before that section.

The "cursor motion macro" may use a different escape sequence than what is listed in the manual. I'll find out for sure this evening.

g.

Back