• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PDP-8 Family picture

BitWiz

Experienced Member
If you consider the straight 8 Grandpa, the PDP-8/I dad and the PDP-8/E son, this is my version of a family picture.

That makes the PDP-8/S the older great uncle no one admit is really part of the family.
The PDP-8/L is the poor uncle who doesn't have fancy cars or houses.
The PDP-8/M and 8/F younger siblings that hang around whether you want them or not
And the PDP-8/A as the red headed step child.

All said with tongue firmly implanted in cheek.

Attachments

• photo63495.jpg
    photo63495.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 2
Nah. The 8/S is the mentally challenged relative.
The PDP-5 is the old great uncle no one edmit is really a part of the family. Or maybe it should be called the grandpa?

Where does the PDP-12 fall in this family portrait? The college student with a taste for colorful fashion?

Where does the PDP-12 fall in this family portrait? The college student with a taste for colorful fashion?

I wanted to say the reclusive mad aunt who talks to herself, but that wouldn't do credit to the voices that whispers the answers to problems into her ear, draw pretty pictures, and spin the tape drives so prettily.

Vince

Would the PDP-12 more be the hippie uncle that has done too much LSD and is hearing things or maybe just schizophrenic :p

Vince, I like your answer too.

Would the PDP-12 more be the hippie uncle that has done too much LSD and is hearing things or maybe just schizophrenic :p

Vince, I like your answer too.

Thanks. I also thought about a less colorful notion of the savant brother who has mad skills in physics, medicine, drawing and tape twirling, most of which he accomplishes by chanting to himself in a lost dialect.

Vince

Back