• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Lisa Keyboard

jarrow20

Hi All, I know they are getting tough to come by, but I am looking for a Lisa Keyboard. Anyone have one available?

Yikes. I often think about how screwed id be if someone stole my lisa kb (or mouse). I really dont know why noone has reverse engineered the keybosrd yet. There has to be a pretty large amount of lisas without keyboards.

Yikes. I often think about how screwed id be if someone stole my lisa kb (or mouse)....
Just to clarify, the Lisa Mouse is compatible with the Macintosh 128/512/Plus mice, Apple II mouse card, and Apple 2c mice and the many 3rd party mice for these systems. Millions of these mice were manufactured.
It should be nowhere as hard to find a Lisa compatible mouse as a Lisa keyboard.

Millions sounds like a huge stretch but yeah alot were made. I know its compatible, but its not a matching set!
Truthfully the LISA mouse is UGLY! the Apple II/MAC mouse is much nicer.

Apple had sold a million Macs by March 1987, add in Apple II/2c mice plus Lisa sales and consider the Mac Plus was on sale until late 1990 and this is not a "stretch" at all. And this is just from apple, many 3rd party mice were made from vendors like Kensington for many years after 1990.

I have never seen a 3rd party quadrature signal mouse compatible to the ones you listed above. I mean its possible. Just never seen one.

All of these mice were fairly similar, and I expect you could adapt one kind of mouse to another system without a great deal of trouble. You might need some resistors or perhaps an inverter to do the job in extreme cases, but if everyone's using 5V signalling, then the hardest part may be getting your hands on the connectors.

To demonstrate: here we are using an Apple IIc-styled M0100 mouse in the place where an original Depraz mouse would go: https://twitter.com/tstepleton/status/1221429458093080576 . A handful of pull-ups were required. You can see a wiring diagram here: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthre...epraz-Mouse-(grey)-pinout&p=604527#post604527

(We also had to introduce two extra pushbuttons on the breadboard since the M0100 has only one button and a Depraz had three.)

Similar ingenuity could mean: driving a Lisa with a NeXT non-ADB mouse, driving a Mac with a Logitech bus mouse, and so on. There were a lot of M0100s made, but if they seem to be scarce, you might be able to hack in a substitute.

Back