• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

AppleWorks Printing Question

Mochatea396

Experienced Member
Is anyone familiar with using AppleWorks spreadsheets? Especially the printing end of it. I have a Panasonic KXP-1090 dot matrix parallel printer and a micromax printmax controller card. They’ve been paired up together for 35 years. The printer is basically a clone of the Epson Fx-80. I’ve always selected Epson FX series when prompted for printer selection and the card I selected Epson/Apple. Which is how things are working now. When I print a spreadsheet with AppleWorks everything prints perfectly except it prints a “0” for the first character in every Row. If the word is “VisiCalc” it prints “0isiCalc”. All the rest of the text in the remaining row is fine. Every line is that way. I’m using AppleWorks 2.0. I’ve tried using an older version 1.2 and the same thing. Printing from AppleWriter prints fine as well as Printshop and PFS Write. Prints disk catalogs with copy II+ no issues. Only with AppleWorks. Doesn’t appear to be a communication issue and the card and the printer seem to be functioning properly. Only thing I can think of is AppleWorks doesn’t like my printer or card but then why would 99% of the document be fine. Any thoughts?

Back