• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

The biggest "Hand Held Computer" I've seen.

bizenet

This just fell into my lap and I'm not sure exactly what I've got. :? It is a Panasonic HHC. Model # RL-H1000. I believe ALL of the original documentation is here and most of the unit itself. It looks like the rechargable nickel-cadmium batteries are missing but the AC Adaptor, the printer and everything else, I think, is here.

Does anyone know anything about this computer? I'm probably going to sell it but I'd like to know what I've got before making that decision. I tried Panasonic's website but found nothing, I really didn't expect to.

Thank you for any information anyone may have.

:) :? :?: :!: :D

They come up on eBay about once a week or so. You might check there & see what kinda info you can glean from some of the listings. Sometimes they can be very informative. Try searching ended auctions.

--T

Panasonic HHC devices...

Panasonic HHC devices...

Hi, Bizenet, and welcome to the forum. Did you see Erik (the webmaster) make that comment about how you're the 500th member?

I am a collector of vintage handhelds and, if I may say so, I'm sort of an expert on this subject (LOL, but I don't know jack about anything else)... anyway, I'm glad to tell you all about the HHC class of computers. They are fascinating indeed!

I'll send you a private message with my contact information.

- Evan

I own something similar, a Casio PB-700 in FA-10 expansion case. The expansion contains a micro tape drive and a four pen plotter which probably has dried up many times since it was used the last time. Unfortunately something has happened to the display since I bought it, so there is a crack in the plastic (not LCD itself).

Also I'm lacking the original or corresponding power adapter for the expansion box, so I never had the chance to really try the plotter or tape drive. From what I understand, it should be an adapter ready to put out 6V 15W effect (2.5A at DC?), and I haven't seen a single AC/DC transformer or adapter which puts out that much effect at 6V. At least not a standard one.

PB-700...

PB-700...

A neat fact: to my knowledge, the PB-700 is the first handheld with a multi-line screen.

carlsson said:
I own something similar, a Casio PB-700 in FA-10 expansion case. The expansion contains a micro tape drive and a four pen plotter which probably has dried up many times since it was used the last time. Unfortunately something has happened to the display since I bought it, so there is a crack in the plastic (not LCD itself).
I just found out that you can still get those lil' pens, from Panasonic, for about 8 buck$ a set. Seems they're still selling a printer/plotter that uses the same pens. They're only sold in Argentina, but the pens are available here, too. Check on thier website.
Also I'm lacking the original or corresponding power adapter for the expansion box, so I never had the chance to really try the plotter or tape drive. From what I understand, it should be an adapter ready to put out 6V 15W effect (2.5A at DC?), and I haven't seen a single AC/DC transformer or adapter which puts out that much effect at 6V. At least not a standard one.

That thing shouldn't consume that much power. I'd try sum'n in the 400 - 600 mA range, it'll probably work just fine. I know the ones from Radio Shack do anyways.

--T

It was delivered with some replacement power adaptor, 5.8V 150 mA or something (could look it up later). It is barely enough to power the tape (which seems to run slowly) but nowhere near to boot the printer, unless the printer is stone dead of course.

Yeah, try kicking the amprage up to about .4, those kinda adaptors are easy to get. My Epson "handheld" uses 4.8v. @ 400 mA, and can use the tape drive & mini-printer at the same time.

--T

Back