• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Victor Vicki boot disk

Paulk

Hello
i got victor Vicki computer in the bigger lot, it was not main reason of purchase but it was all or nothing
it was not working initially, i had to replace some capacitors.
other then that it is very nice condition
Can somebody make a boot disk?
any idea how to make a disk?
I am in USA, I will cover a shipping

Attachments

• JPEG image 48.jpeg
    JPEG image 48.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 2
Hello,

Have you got anywhere with this?

My understanding is that this could be either MSDOS or CP/M boot, are you looking for one or both of these. Prob you could find suitable images, and I could put the image to a real disk that you could use. If talking of a disk or two, minimal cost (postage ?).

Are 5.25" drives 40 or 80 track? If there are images, prob these will clarify?

Geoff - Guisborough, England

I'm not familiar with this model. Is it supposed to be IBM PC compatible? If it is, it might run normal IBM PC/MS DOS. If not, it might be similar to the Victor 9000, that uses a really oddball variable bitrate format, that basically requires another another Victor 9000 to duplicate.

Yes, info I've found suggests that this machine uses the same format as the 9000, i.e. a vauiable speed, and variable number of sectors, for each track. I guess my normal drives will not work.

I understand that a Katweasel drive can read, and extract data, but not sure if that can write as well.

There was a previous thread back in 2013/4, someone there said they had a working machine and boot disks, but the thread did not conclude, left hanging.

If someone HAS a working machine, and disks, then I assume they can make copies. Try contacting someone in that thread directly??

Geoff

Hello,

I would like to join this quest...
I too am looking for bootdisks for this machine.
If someone can help me... Please!..

Guy

Last edited:
Back