• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NEC MultiSpeed HD

DoctorPepper

Experienced Member
I just picked up a fairly nice NEC MultiSpeed HD PC-16-03, in working condition, with the AC adapter. It boots-up fine and runs very well, but I'm searching for 3 1/2" floppy disks containing the version of MS-DOS it uses (3.21)

It contains a 20 MB hard drive and 640 KB of memory. Without taking it apart, I believe it uses an NEC V-20 processor.

I searched the web for information, but about all I could find were links to battery replacement web sites.

I'm looking for information concerning this computer, and any manuals/floppy disks that might be available.

Thanks,
Howard

Hey, I just got one too. Neat little device, especially the removable screen (pointless but interesting feature).

Unfortunately, the hard drive was dead on mine. Any ideas about how I could go about replacing it?

Mine just came with plain DOS 3.21 (I think) on normal floppies, nothing special about them as far as I can tell.

floppy disks

floppy disks

I have a disck for the NEC Multispeed HD. It says that it is version 3.2. Email back if you are interested. Not sure if it is what you are looking for. I also have two of the machines available if you are interested as well.

NEC Multispeed HD

NEC Multispeed HD

I just looked and I also have the manual as well as the Introduction to MS-DOS manual (also from NEC for the the machine). Both are for the model pc-16hd-dos

Back