• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Osborne Excutive Portable

CJA

This unit sold, but I do not know how to remove this announcement.

Christian

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have an Osborne Executive that I used for research several years ago. I also taught my kids how to use a computer on this machine. :-D
I have safely stored it and it is in good working condition. I have all the original program disks including:
CP/M Plus
Wordstar / MailMerge
SuperCalc
MBasic/CBasic
Personal Pearl
UCSD p-System

I also have all the manuals and some working copy disks.

How much is this worth? I listed it on Ebay but have no idea what it is worth. Any collectors out there interested?

Last edited:
Location of Osborne

Location of Osborne

Sorry, I neglected to indicate my location: Cambridge, Massachusetts

If you want, just post a link to the auction under the auction area. It'll sell but it's not a gold mine or anything. The executive is worth a little more than the first edition from what I recall (shorter lifetime and less sold) I would guesstimate around $150ish but ya never know, depending on who your audience is it could hit more.

The software/manuals with it add to the value as well which can easily double the value of a vintage computer system.

Good luck!
- John

I'd be surprised if it didn't go higher, but with the recession and all, might be a bad time to sell.

I sold just the original software set in the binder for $100 alone about 1.5-2 years ago!

If ya eBay it, take GOOD pictures, use super-size, and take a few, get some detail, and show it off.

T

Too bad, I got sniped at the end. Good deal for you either way. $2.50 more than my max of $123.57 = $126.07. Not too bad. Curtis and I saw a nice one that had video issues go for $40 awhile back. That one is sitting about 3 feet behind me.

Back