• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Zenith SuperSport 286

cgrape2

Experienced Member
For some reason,I've aquired another one of these portables.I don't remember the key combo to get into the setup screen.(My stupid memory,I swear it's 360K!)Anyone have the answer?
Thanks!
cgrape2(memory impaired)

That key combo gets to the ROM based "Help"menu.I haven't found the "Setup"menu key combo yet.Thanks for the reply!
cgrape2

Actually <ctrl> + <alt> + <ins> gets you into the monitor ROM which is a set of utilities. Try it again and type '?' (without the apostrophes) and <return>. A list of commands should display. Toward the bottom of the list should be SETUP. Type setup and you should be at the BIOS.

That key combo gets to the ROM based "Help"menu.I haven't found the "Setup"menu key combo yet.Thanks for the reply!
cgrape2

OK,I know why this stuff didn't work...I actualy have an 8088 SuperSport,ZWL 184-02.That's why nothing was working right.I guess it's a software command from the original OS that does the trick.I'll run one down and report back.Thanks for the help!
cgrape2

Software does the Trick!

Software does the Trick!

Well,I found a version of Zenith DOS of the correct vintage and it did indeed solve my problem.I now have a 20MB HD working on my SuperSport 8086!
Thanks for the help!
cgrape2

how to get to the BIOS setup

how to get to the BIOS setup

CTRL - ALT- ENTER

gets you a prompt

at the prompt type

SETUP

et voila :)

I'm 98% sure I still have a 20mb JVC drive for one of these that WORKS! Yes, really! It works!

Back