• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

need help on Datalux Databrick power supply

rebeltaz

Experienced Member
I just bought a Datalux Databrick II portable computer with a touchscreen monitor on eBay that I am planning on using for a car MP3 player. I didn't think figuring out power supply would be a problem, but I was wrong...

From what I've seen the power requirements are quite forgiving - 8-16 vdc at 7.5-3.5 amps. You would think that should be simple. There is a 4-pin DIN connector for the power supply. I have determined that the top left pin is positive input and the lower right pin is ground. The problem is that the other two pins, instead of floating are tied to a four-pin SMD component that looks like a bridge rectifier, but it measures like a dual coil and the silkscreen label is L1. There's no battery, so I don't guess those are charging pins, but maybe they could be sensing of some sort, but nothing I've read mentions a secondary input voltage.

Does anybody have ANY information on this so I can power it up?

Thanks....

Just in case anyone else needs this info... I have discovered (and verified) that the ground pin is indeed the lower right and the positive pin is the upper left. This is looking straight on at the power connector.

Back