• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Finally scored a Toshiba LC-836MN

TexasCowhand

In the box; with instruction manual; looks almost new! Was number one on my list! Very cool!!!

Nathan,

I really should check this forum more often! Sorry for the delay in response!

Number One on my list now is the Atari STBook. I've never seen one, only pictures... so odds would be against finding one.
Number Two (a tie) is the GRiD Compass and Casio FP200.

Since I last posted, I have added both a Toshiba T1100 and a Toshiba Libretto 100CT to the collection. Neither compare to having found the Toshiba LC-836MN or with finding the STBook (if I could/can)!

I missed your post the first time around ....

Congrats on the '836. Cherish it.

Just curious, where did you find it?

Re: LC-836: Somewhat to my surprise, I found it on ebay. I don't like ebay, but check it from time to time just in case. That day was a good day!

Evan,

Time flies, I don't check here often enough, and please accept my apologies for the much delayed response.
I got it on ebay, strangely enough. What was really strange/great about it was I had seen a poor condition example and missed it. A few weeks later, saw the one that became mine, and ultimately could not believe I got it for a really great price. I would have paid several multiples of what I got it for!

My collecting has slowed tremendously. I have a few "wants" to fill in the collection, but they are few and difficult to find. As a result I find my self not looking as diligently as I should simply because the "reward" factor is very low for the time and effort expended. Picked up a Palm Zire a couple of weeks ago at a garage sale... It wasn't even on my list, but for a buck and a half, nothing lost. And it's a part, though not particularly significant, of the history of handhelds.

Hope you see this,

Philip

If anyone is interested in this ancient device, I have obtained one in excellent shape (not sure if it works did not replace the battery) in the original box with I believe all the original papers.

I was going to throw it out, but thought I'd do a google search first. Since it seems to be collectible, I'll make it available to anyone who wants it. Please contact me if you are interested.

Back