• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba t1100 and Toshiba T1100 Plus

kanashimi

Hello to everybody I'm here because I need some help I am looking for a Toshiba T1100 or Toshiba T1100 plus but the thing is I don't have a clue what can be the value of it!

I have contacted someone that send me photos of one and told me to make an offer to a Toshiba T1100 Plus but the thing is I really don't know what to say!

Also I have a doubt in here check the pictures he sent me its about the date the pictures of about the date are in different pictures if he would have shoot them at different since the titles of the pictures are each one different he couldn't have taken them at the same time!

Or maybe it is just me who doesn't understand that maybe in that time the clock wasn't moving just by this title does it mean that the computer is still working if it is in this state?

Thanks for all your help and if ancient owners of Toshiba T1100 plus or current owners could help that would be very appreciate

Attachments

• IMG_551..jpg
    IMG_551..jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_552..jpg
    IMG_552..jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_546..jpg
    IMG_546..jpg
    77 KB · Views: 3
They may just be the last pictures the person took when they had the systems out? But yeah one is on a desk the other on a table or some cloth covered item. As for value, I've heard a lot of people like these systems but I don't believe they're worth a bunch. Anything under $100 plus shipping would probably be reasonable but it's more of what it's worth to you (and then to the seller). Out of curiosity what are you looking to use the system for? Have you searched the forums here? I recall one or two folks here having one for sale.

- John

In my junk collection I have a partially disassembled T1100. I don't remember if it's the regular T1100 or the Plus, but it has the two 720K floppy drives stacked on top of each other, and the non-backlit, non-supertwist LCD screen which is difficult to read with anything less than bright light shining on it. At this point I'm not sure if it still works, because it didn't come with an AC adapter and the Ni-Cad batteries inside were long dead, and I think in my attempts to get it running I may have burned out its power supply board with too much voltage. Oh well... if anyone wants it for parts, or is brave enough to attempt a repair, just drop me a line and we'll work something out.

Also I have a doubt in here check the pictures he sent me its about the date the pictures of about the date are in different pictures if he would have shoot them at different since the titles of the pictures are each one different he couldn't have taken them at the same time!
Hehe, well that is one of the more interesting sentences I've seen in a while. :) I'm not sure what you're referring to but any system date is not important. I'm pretty sure you have to enter it yourself.

That's a nice looking machine. I'd offer him $20. A little more if he's a personal friend. I don't like to offend people by "bidding" low, but you have to realize that many people would just throw something like that away. If you can't find another one, and you absolutely want that model right now, then I'm with John - anything under $100 is OK.

Hehe, well that is one of the more interesting sentences I've seen in a while. :) I'm not sure what you're referring to but any system date is not important. I'm pretty sure you have to enter it yourself.

That's a nice looking machine. I'd offer him $20. A little more if he's a personal friend. I don't like to offend people by "bidding" low, but you have to realize that many people would just throw something like that away. If you can't find another one, and you absolutely want that model right now, then I'm with John - anything under $100 is OK.

Well I see now that the images were taken on the same day with different hours so and still in this year so it's no fake, also I watched that he wrote copy disk on the 2nd image, so it's legit

In my junk collection I have a partially disassembled T1100. I don't remember if it's the regular T1100 or the Plus, but it has the two 720K floppy drives stacked on top of each other,
The T1100 has one 720K drive (about 1.5 inches tall), whereas the T1100 Plus has two 720K drives in about the same space.

The T1100 has one 720K drive (about 1.5 inches tall), whereas the T1100 Plus has two 720K drives in about the same space.

Can someone help me on this matter I have spoken with a guy that has a Toshiba T1100 everything is fine as he says but he doesn't have the charger now my question is like this will a charger of Toshiba T1100 Plus will fit in the Toshiba T1100 ?

the Toshiba T1100 Plus is a Battery power warning light included AC adapter 220 - 240 VAC, 9 VDC output.

Are any owners of Toshiba T1100 out there that could tell me if it can fit?

Thanks a lot

The T1100 Plus PS won't work with the T1100

The T1100 Plus PS won't work with the T1100

The T1100 Plus -
General Information
Model number: PA7042
Dimensions: 12.2" W x 2.6"H x 12"D
Weight: 10 lbs.
Voltage: Computer DC input - 9VDC, 1.1A (+ = core; - = shell)
AC adapter - 120VAC (108 - 132V) 60Hz 15W

Battery: Internal rechargeable NiCD battery pack
CPU: 80C86-2 (7.16/4.77 MHz)
RAM memory: Early models shipped with 256KB standard (conventional);
Later models shipped with 640KB standard (conventional)
Memory expandable up to 1.6MB when optional 1MB LIM-EMS
(3.2) memory card added
Number of keys: 81
Keyboard type: PC
Drives: Two 720KB 3.5" floppy disk drives
Operating system: Toshiba MS-DOS 2.11 shipped with early models
Toshiba MS-DOS 3.20 shipped with later models
==============================================
The T1100 -
General Information
Model number: PA7028U
Dimensions: 12.2" W x 2.6" H x 12" D
Weight: 9 lbs.
Voltage: Computer DC input - 18VDC, 0.6A (+ = Core, - = Shell)
AC adapter - 120VAC, 60HZ, 25W

Battery: Internal rechargeable NiCD battery pack
CPU: 80C88, 4.77MHZ
RAM memory: 512KB standard (conventional)
Drives: One 3.5" 720K floppy disk drive
Number of keys: 83
Keyboard type: PC
Temperature: Operating: 50 to 104 F (10 to 40 degrees C)
Humidity 20 to 80% RH
Non-Operating: -4 to 150 F (-20 to +65 degrees C)
Humidity 5 to 95% RH (No Condensation)
Operating system: Toshiba MS-DOS 2.11 (This is the only version
that will run)
============================================================
Also, I have a T1100 Plus and it has a 9V @ 1.1A PS, which isn't going to work with the T1100 that requires 18V @.6A PS.

Thank you for the answer Vint I think that I have to get one toshiba t1100 with the adapter!

Another question I have in mind is this the serial numbers that appear in the back of any Toshiba Laptop reflects the number of the unit:
in another words if the serial number of a Toshiba T1100 Plus lists: 05817960
and another Toshiba T1100 Plus lists the following number : 01850792

Which one is older or more recent can we have confirmation from Toshiba online or by phone in regards to the unit which is older?
I have found this site from Toshiba but it doesn't seem to work in older units like Toshiba T1100 Plus any other way?

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/unit-det...1|-1&xslLink=styles/toshiba.xsl&Search=Search

thanks a lot

aeg monitor

aeg monitor

hey ppl just wanted to know if you know somehow when did aeg started to make monitors for the toshiba t1100 plus back then and when did the unit stopped being manafactured the t1100 plus version not the t1100!

I send an image that I found

Attachments

• aeg..jpg
    aeg..jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 1
I tried the serial number from my T1100 Plus 10623588 and got no results either at the site link you posted.

I don't know how one would determine the age of these machine from the serial number, but the T1100 came with DOS 2.11 and the T1100 Plus came with DOS 2.11 and later DOS 3.2.
Now, there is some controversy over the real release dates for these DOS version but the best I can discern is that DOS 2.11 was released in Oct. of 1983 and DOS 3.2 was released in Dec. of 1985.
The T1100 & T1100 Plus machines would fit in that era from Oct. 1983 - clear through whenever they stopped making T1100 Plus or until DOS 3.3 was released in 1987 - If going by the OS's means anything :)

Not quite sure what you're after here.

Last edited:
The T1100 was released in April '85 (refer http://www.itworld.com/050420toshibalaptop)

One source indicates that the T1100 Plus release in the UK was delayed compared to the release in the US. According to http://www.cbronline.com/news/toshiba_information_systems_uk_announces_the_t1100_plus , it wasn't realeased in the UK until February '87. So that suggests to me a release date in the US of late 1986. That is supported by a September '86 article in InfoWorld magazine on the T1100 Plus (at http://books.google.com.au/books?id=aS8EAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA46&lpg=PA46)

Ok let me explain what I'm here after actually I'm after the oldest laptop of Toshiba beginning from T1100 to T1100 Plus not after between these two because after comes T1200 then T1000 and they are a little more older

The picture I actually I sent about the aeg was of someone that posted that picture but I will phone to them to know actually when they begin their partership with them in the lcd!

If you can help somehow thanks anyway

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my T1100 Plus.

thm_Toshiba_T1100Plus_sn-plate.jpg

thm_Toshiba_T1100Plus.jpg

http://vintagecomputer.net/toshiba/T1100Plus/

Toshiba T100plus

Toshiba T100plus

I have a Toshiba T1100plus that is in working condition and looks like new. It has a modem card. I also have the user manual,ms-dos manual, and the modem user manual. The power supply is functional and a good looking case to carry the computer is also available. The DOS version is 2.1. I also have version 3.3. I also have a Toshiba Floppy Link complete and new in original box. The Floppy Link lets you interchange data between a PC and the T1100plus. Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
Any Toshiba T1100, or Toshiba T1100 plus for sale trade, or modem or RS232 adapters for the Toshiba for sale in the UK?

Hello! I actually have a Toshiba T1100 Plus for sale but I am located in the United States. Would you still be interested? If so, I can send you pictures if you would like. Also, please make me an offer.

Back