• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sharp PC-7000

basic12434

I found an old Sharp PC-7000 lying around in the back room of a used computer shop. Managment said I could have it for free, and they'd been looking for an excuse to get rid of it for years. I found a pair of MS-DOS 3 boot disks for it. It works fine when booted up. Seems to be either a basic or early model, as it doesn't have some of the features (eg. port for moniter, modem) some of them did near the end of its production run. Also, the backlight doesn't work, but from what i've read this is quite common, as they aren't designed to last too long. Other than that, it's in exellent condition. I've been wondering how much money it would make, as the few sites I've seen have an inconclusive price tag.

They usually fetch a nice price on eBay. I wouldn't mind having one for myself, but the ones I've seen so far have gone up out of the price range I'm willing to pay for one.

--T

Sharp pc7000

Sharp pc7000

Hy,

i just bought myself a sharp pc7000, only problem....i haven`t got the bootdisks! i bought it for 10 euro(about 8 dollar) I bought it in about an hour after it was placed on ebay, so i don`t know what people would be ready to pay for it. question: i saw you have the bootdisks, are you able to copy these or sent me the required software to boot the pc? hope to here soon

grtz

Hey, it's Basic12434. Haven't been on here in over a year, and I changed customary user names and passwords in that time, as well as forgetting my password to my old email, so I made this new account. Anyway...

http://www.bootdisk.com/ has set of bootdisks that you could use. Try MS-DOS 3.3. Failing that, you could always try BitTorrent or FreeNet. Technically piracy, but MS-DOS is 20-year-old abandonware, so Microsoft won't care.

You'll also need a 5 1/4" drive bay on your PC to write the image.

This is probably not worth the hassle, so just ask around locally. Someone will probably loan you a pair, so just copy those using your Sharp PC-7000 and a pair of blank 5 1/4" floppies.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

If anyone would like to sell their Sharp PC-7000 or know somebody who would like to sell their PC-7000 let me know. It was my first computer and would like to get my hands on one again.

Back