• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Upgrading RAM in Zenith Z-Star EX?

Tupin

Experienced Member
I have a Z-Star EX with 4MB of RAM that can upgrade all the way to 20MB, but I'm not sure how to do it. There is one slot with a card on it that has the BIOS on it, but I don't know how to get to the upgrade slots. Does anyone have a manual for this machine?

I probably have one stuck in storage.I'll dig it out and get back with some info.
cgrape2

RE: Upgrading RAM in Zenith Z-Star EX?

I have a Z-Star EX with 4MB of RAM that can upgrade all the way to 20MB, but I'm not sure how to do it. There is one slot with a card on it that has the BIOS on it, but I don't know how to get to the upgrade slots. Does anyone have a manual for this machine?

I had one of those which I upgraded to the full 20M. It is at home right now while I am at work, so I need to trust my (not always trustworthy:p) memory about the upgrade. I believe that I just unscrewed the screw(s) for the memory cover and inserted a single 16 M stick. IIRC, it has 4 M built-in and only needs the additional memory. I also seem to recall that it used the standard memory sticks (SIMM-30, I believe) and not the smaller ones used in more modern notebooks. I will check my Zenith later tonight or tomorrow and try to get back to confirm or correct my observations here.

Art

Back