• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PC110 batteries, cheap at "The Shack"...

IBMMuseum

Veteran Member
Fellow PC110 owners, the lithium-ion 7.2V "camcorder" battery that fits in this system is on clearance at Radio Shack, for $2.97 each (RS part #23-383). I had just bought a couple Energizer ERC520GRNs online, with the charger, and spent about $60 total. With two under a tenth of that tonight, I now have four new batteries I can swap out to keep my PC110 running for hours off the A/C.

Thanks for the tip, because I actually have an old Sony Digital8 camcorder and Mavica floppy disk camera which use these L-series batteries. Generic no-name replacements usually sell for around $10 to $15 each on eBay (vs. $35+ for a real Sony battery), so that price is definitely a bargain.

Damn. Canada lost Radio Shack and all their old stock years ago.
What kind of life do you get off a fresh battery? My best battery is giving around 45 minutes.

...What kind of life do you get off a fresh battery? My best battery is giving around 45 minutes.

Specific to the Palmtop system, Daniel Basterfield (nearabouts required reading for the PC110) has a chart here. My unit has an IBM microdrive, for which I will probably get more to have different operating systems available to me (currently I am using just Windows 95A there). I'm charging up the two different brands of batteries (Energizer and Radio Shack), and will see what data I can get.

Back