• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Just got a Compaq Concerto in

Unknown_K

Veteran Member
Just got done cleaning up a Compaq Concerto laptop/tablet. Unfortunatly there is no pen included but the machine works and so does the keyboard. 486 slc 33 I think it has, 8MB of RAM and a 100+ MB HD with a built in 1.44MB floppy drive. The battery is dead (what else is new) and it boots up to a nice grey screen with Win 3.1 for Pen (compaq edition) installed.

Interesting machine, will need to find the pen and get a better power brick (my universal one doesn't have an end deep enough to stay reliable in).

I have one of those in storage somewhere, also a Fujitsu Stylistic 500 (similar vintage tablet), pretty slick computers for their day, sadly my Concerto is also missing its pen. Even if yours had its pen, it would probably be toast by now, they have AAAA bateries in them, and would have probably leaked all over destroying the pen. I think it went belly up, but I also had the PCMCIA floppy drive for the concerto.

The Concerto has a floppy drive built in. I have a Dauphin Win3 tablet and the pen on it did leak and kill it, the guy who had it in storage for who knows how long kept the pen in its plastic holder that had space for the batteries but didn't remove them.

Where the heck was that compaq PCMCIA floppy from then, lol. I have boxes of so much "junk" (as the fiancee likes to call it) in storage it starts to blend together not having seen it for a while, lol

Wow!I also have a Concerto,but the Pen IS working!!The last owner pulled the battery,so no damage was done.Do you-all need anything from the Harddrive?
cgrape2

I just got in a working pen ($6 shipped ebay) for my unit (takes 4 hearing aid type batteries and none have leaked). Still need a longer tip for the power connection.

I have one of those in storage somewhere, also a Fujitsu Stylistic 500 (similar vintage tablet), pretty slick computers for their day, sadly my Concerto is also missing its pen. Even if yours had its pen, it would probably be toast by now, they have AAAA bateries in them, and would have probably leaked all over destroying the pen. I think it went belly up, but I also had the PCMCIA floppy drive for the concerto.

I have the same model Stylistic 500 but with a docking station, minus wireless keyboard. I shoved a pcmcia usb 2.0 card in, and winxp, been my faithful magicjack server for over 2 years now non stop without a single problem! Great little machine!

If your willing to part with yours in the near future, i love to have another with a working touchscreen. Sadly thats the only flaw with my machine, that and missing a wireless kb...

I need to double check BUT I believe that the pen was one of the standard RF pens that CalComp used with their DrawingSlate tablets. The internals look identical to mine.

PLEASE upload the penabled video driver. I have a concerto as well but I can't run Windows on it because 3.1 Pen edition was OEM and shipped with a specific penabled driver for that specific tablet.
I talked more about it here.

I need to double check BUT I believe that the pen was one of the standard RF pens that CalComp used with their DrawingSlate tablets. The internals look identical to mine.

PLEASE upload the penabled video driver. I have a concerto as well but I can't run Windows on it because 3.1 Pen edition was OEM and shipped with a specific penabled driver for that specific tablet.
I talked more about it here.

Ok I will back up the install.

Back