• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

GRiD pads

Qbus

Veteran Member
Just picked up a couple Gridpad palm systems. Had one already but now have two more. They are a 386 that uses a removable memory card, think it may be a PCMCIA card but not cretin. Anyone know for cretin what the card is and if there is a version that retains its memory after removing power? Don’t recall from the one I have if they had anything like a ROM with the basic operating system or if that will have to be loaded, think they had DOS 5.0 and some utilities but it's been years since I had one operating. Of the two I just picked up one still has the weird capacitive stylist and the other has the wireless adapter. With all the development being done with the Ipad and I touch its interesting to see these twenty year old primitive ancestors.
Ray F.

GrID pen system

GrID pen system

No, that’s just the convertible. They are fairly straight forward and not much different than a fifteen hundred series system. The small Grid pen system is around a third the size, has no keyboard or drives and uses a capacitive pen or stylist for input. Think the convertible came out around 91 or 92 and the pen system that’s more along the lines of a modern iPod was out in 89 will take some pictures this weekend if I can get around to it. Think the writing reconnection may be in ROM too but it's been a while since I had one powered up, be a good project for the weekend. Did fix the battery and think I have an old 16 Meg PCMCIA I can stuff in it, the PCMCIA slot is the only drive on it.
Ray F.

Palmpads

Palmpads

I just update my web shrine to the Grid laptops for the first time in seven years! , I put a couple pictures of the Palmpad 2351 on the page so if you want to see the first of the Palm systems from back in 1993 follow WWW.KA3EKH.NET then click on "Grid Laptops"
Ray

Back