• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

anyone near this?

Hi Adam,

While I'm not near the seller and can't help you, seeing that nice Compaq brought back some fond memories. Many years ago, a friend that ran a company that supplied computers/software to musicians/production companies, lent me the same Compaq. I used it for a couple of years as a ham radio TCP/IP packet station. The computer came from one that was being retired by Billy Joel's company and had sticker on it saying who it was assigned to. I always told my friend that I would only return the computer if he sent Christie Brinkley to personally pick it up. Of course that never happened, but it did make for nice conversation.

Hope you can find someome to help you get the system.

Bill

that's got the silver label, gold labels were later. It's also got the hardcard in slot 5, probly the hardcard 20(10MB). It's got a com card in slot 3 that mine doesn't have. I wonder why he won't ship it

Well, I got it! it's in stunning condition, sadly though, I don't have any boot disks. I am slightly regretting the purchase because he did take it to the UPS store, and they did pack it. for 56 dollars...

$56 for packing or packing and shipping? If both it's not that bad of a price. On the bright side, being a true IBM clone it'll be easy to get software for it from another system with a 5.25 drive.

Well, I got it! it's in stunning condition, sadly though, I don't have any boot disks. I am slightly regretting the purchase because he did take it to the UPS store, and they did pack it. for 56 dollars...

It's possible they "saw him coming", and he didn't know any better. I've used them in the past, and you've got to know what's going on there, or the one packing it can run the cost through the roof. It's also possible he asked for special packaging, in an effort to protect your computer.

Well, it did end up being 56 for just packing. In total it cost me 165. I figured that wasn't too bad considering the shape it was in...

Back