• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

A nice donation for the price of postage - ouch!

paul.brett

Experienced Member
Score!

Somebody at work offered me a nice early IBM Thinkpad 755. Similar (I think) to the one below. All I have to do is pay postage. From the US, it's going to be about $40.

Looks like a great little machine, and will take its place in my collection in a week or so, when it gets here. It's just a shame that the postage is so much. I'm guessing the power brick is largely the cause of that. I do hope the power cable from the socket to the brick uses a standard IEEE (kettle) connector, so I can use a UK lead.

s_p_27226_1__80207_zoom.jpg

The 755/755CD was a very prevalent system when I worked at IBM but they were starting to get a little outdated at that time. I think my favorite ThinkPad from that era was the 600. Amazing little systems. I hope to stumble on one or two at some point for my collection.

Heather

Score!

Somebody at work offered me a nice early IBM Thinkpad 755.

I had to log in to see the picture :( so I might as well write something. :)

What model is it? They seem to be very different. 755Cs, 755C, 755CS, 755CE, 755CX, 755CV, 755CD, 755CDV, as well as options and a special multimedia model. One thing I ran into with the ones I just got, is that they have different chip sets and drivers are not (if they ever were) available for all functions.

They're all worth having though. BTW, the "power bricks" I have are not very heavy.

Back