• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Fujitsu Stylistic 1000 doesn´t work

Racer63

Hello all, first post :)

I received a Fujitsu Stylistic 1000 as a gift, so no regrets. But the problem is it doesn´t work, all it does are strange symbols on the LCD screen at post. Could it be a hardware problem or a corrupted BIOS? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Welcome to these forums.

First, I suggest that you verify that the AC adapter is outputting the correct voltage, because it may be outputting something lower than normal.
You could try opening the unit up and then reseating anything that can be reseated (chips, connectors, etc).

"Brand new, never used" ones (minus accessories and OS) are available for $12 (plus postage) at http://www.surplussales.com/computeraccess/fujitsu.html

Hello,

It could be a bad bios, what exactly is the first thing you see? Are there any characters showing before it shows the strange symbols? Any chance of a picture of the screen or a small demo video of it booting up?

Is everything attached properly?

Harddrive in the slot secure?

Memory in securely?

Cables all in firmly?

Welcome to these forums.

First, I suggest that you verify that the AC adapter is outputting the correct voltage, because it may be outputting something lower than normal.
You could try opening the unit up and then reseating anything that can be reseated (chips, connectors, etc).

"Brand new, never used" ones (minus accessories and OS) are available for $12 (plus postage) at http://www.surplussales.com/computeraccess/fujitsu.html

Thanks for that link, I will be adding a new 1000 next to my 500 currently in my collection ;-)

Hello,

It could be a bad bios, what exactly is the first thing you see? Are there any characters showing before it shows the strange symbols? Any chance of a picture of the screen or a small demo video of it booting up?

Is everything attached properly?

Harddrive in the slot secure?

Memory in securely?

Cables all in firmly?

Agreed, check all internal cables, and expansion memory cards, I believe the base RAM, BIOS, Video RAM are ALL soldered on these, so if its not a cable or expansion memory, I would follow Modem7's link and buy a new one for a donor system board, although if they are NIB, might be better off just using the new one as is (but I can see if there was some sentimental value and you wanted to repair it).

Cool site, wish it was not such a pita to navigate though lol. Not sure how one would have figured out they had those available.

Back