• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Toshiba T3200SX expansion slots

drykid

Can anyone with one of these (or the manual) confirm how you actually put a 16-bit ISA card into one of these things? I know it sounds like it shoud be straightforward, but I can't figure out what you need to remove to access the slot, short of disassembling the whole computer, screen and all. I've removed the plastic panel off the rear, but the screws on the backplate underneath seem to hold the whole case together.

I just find it hard to believe that it would be that involved a process when with its predecessor (kind of) the T3100e it's just a simple matter of unscrewing a panel on the underside to access the expansion slot.

Anyway hopefully someone can point out whatever the obvious thing is I'm missing, so I can add a soundcard into my T3200SX :)

N/m I had the right idea all along. You just remove the plastic cover on the back and then undo the screws (some at back, some underneath) holding the back plate itself and then it lifts out. The only reason I had doubts before is once you do this the top section of the computer starts coming away from the bottom, which made me think originally that I was unfastening something I wasn't meant to be doing just to put in a card. But it seems that's just how it's designed to work.

Now I have my SB16 installed, physically at least. I just have to remember how to configure it.

Back