• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Score!! DTR-2 w/keyboard

Hey all!

Just needed to share with someone who gets it! Picked it up off ebay for reasonable dollars. It arrived today inspected it, externally looked in good condition. Battery is of course junk but can be rebuilt. No stylus, dang!! Plugged in my RS power (set it to 12vDC center positive) after removing battery and it posted but wouldn't go no further. Played with the bios a bit and rebooted a few times; eventually the hard drive spools up with a horrible squall!:eek: Wow, that was a noise! The little guy boots straight into w95.
Apparently this one was upgraded or ordered with the 50mhz processor and 16mb ram and was kinda spiffy with what little navigating I did without mouse or pen.

Anyway was kool to see it come to life!:cool:

I believe the DTR's used an active pen, I tried the pen from my HP TC1100 but no dice.
Can anyone tell me what model pens they've used with their DTR's?

Thanks!
Tom

Is your keyboard 100% working? I have a few with dead keys.

I purchased a replacement pen on ebay for $15 I think but that seller isn't around anymore (it wasn't OEM either).

Its missing the ESC key, but the contacts still function. Didn't run across any non-functioning key with the little I did today. I'll run through the set just to be sure. I've got an original DTR-1 keyboard purchased for a DTR-1 I picked up (unfortunately DOA) as a back up. Need to pick up a FD (or scab a cable for what I've got on hand) to back up the drive. I'd hate to lose the drivers, haven't had any luck yet finding any for the DTR-2.

From what little I've been able to find, including the the bankruptcy doc, the DTR-2 was made in very limited volume maybe 150 - 200 units, and Dauphin went under before the computer could reach any 'critical mass' where it would have been substantially documented. Anyway, I have one running example, that I'd like to backed up so when the hard drive bytes the dust I've got a way back. It does have PCMCIA slot(s) that I'll try to back up through my PCMCIA/CF adapter. It's an interesting critter for sure.

Wow, I have one of these, there really is onle 150-200 units made? That's insane!

My unit is in pretty rough shape, and it doesnt boot :(

Back