• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

How do you dissamble a Laser PC3?

generic486

Experienced Member
I have a got a working Laser PC3 with manual and power brick but the machine is dirty and I would like to open it to clean it inside. The manual mentions nothing about taking the machine apart and I removed the twp screws that were in the cartridge port and the battery port. It says no user serviceable parts inside but they didn't have to make it so it was not posible to open!
I like the machine very much. The keyboard has great tactility and although the display on the PC3 is much smaller than it's descendants, the PC4,5,6, I still like it.

I have a got a working Laser PC3 with manual and power brick but the machine is dirty and I would like to open it to clean it inside. The manual mentions nothing about taking the machine apart and I removed the twp screws that were in the cartridge port and the battery port. It says no user serviceable parts inside but they didn't have to make it so it was not posible to open!
I like the machine very much. The keyboard has great tactility and although the display on the PC3 is much smaller than it's descendants, the PC4,5,6, I still like it.

I would proceed very carefully, while I have no experience with the PC3, I can tell you most palmtops usually use lots of delicate plastic clips, which are very easily broken, I am not sure I would disassemble it unless it was non-functional. I would just clean the outside and accessible areas (battery compartment) and maybe blow out areas like cartridge port. It's unlikely the inside is real dirty since palmtops are usually fairly well sealed (typically no vents or openings).

Back